Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA-CRSO, Pistol Inst., SCI,GOA
Hunted
USA: Florida, Ohio, Nebraska, RSA, Limpopo
Per a note I just received-If you are condition approved you can perform your interview on re entry at a international airport. Many are listed spread out across the country. See their web site for additional details. Not permitted on domestic flights.

Also, If you haven't been conditionally approved before you leave, check before your return flight. I know of several people, myself included, who have been conditionally approved after leaving the country. My guess is leaving the country flags you so that you can do the interview on reentry rather than them having to schedule interviews.

Also, If you haven't been conditionally approved before you leave, check before your return flight. I know of several people, myself included, who have been conditionally approved after leaving the country. My guess is leaving the country flags you so that you can do the interview on reentry rather than them having to schedule interviews.
That is what happened to me. My airport customs interview was :5 and easy.

If you are approved. Don’t wait in the normal customs line. Go to the Global Entry line and ask for the interview

I submitted an online renewal about 6 months ago and this morning finally received word that it has been renewed (no interview required). The new card is good for 5 years. You are allowed to submit a renewal one year prior to the expiration date. I missed that on this renewal and my card has technically been expired for a few months.

My wife and I got approved after we left US and we did our interview when we returned at the airport

My wife and I had Nexus that we converted to Global Entry without even needing to have another interview.

My 12 year old had a conditional approval for about 8 months but we never got a chance to have the in person because Boston is busy. When we came back from the UK a week ago and he did the interview on arrival. Other then a little problem with the agent waiting on prints to come back (no kidding right?) he sent us on our way. My son had the approval by the time we hit baggage claim.

What's the typical time line for applying and getting a conditional approval? I'm looking to go back next August. Does that give me enough time?
Any help is appreciated.

The last time I needed to renew was right in the midst of Covid. I remember it took 1-2 weeks to get a Zoom web based interview for the renewal. Pretty simple: “You’re still not a terrorist, right?” Yup. Still law abiding.

My question for those that have signed up for Global Entry and TSA pre recently is this: can you do an online interview or do you have to wait months for a physical appointment at a far flung airport to get initial approval?

The last time I needed to renew was right in the midst of Covid. I remember it took 1-2 weeks to get a Zoom web based interview for the renewal. Pretty simple: “You’re still not a terrorist, right?” Yup. Still law abiding.

My question for those that have signed up for Global Entry and TSA pre recently is this: can you do an online interview or do you have to wait months for a physical appointment at a far flung airport to get initial approval?
Had to wait for months and try to find one for my son, but that was because he was a minor and they don't do videos for them

I submitted my application May 23rd, still "waiting for conditional approval". I'm hunting Spain next month and hoping i get approved before then, but that doesn't look likely.

I applied in October 2022 and received conditional approved in July 2023. Couldn't get an appointment for an interview until November 2023. So, the whole process took approx 13 months.

An anecdote regarding the original application process from about 5-7 years ago.

At the time, you simply could not get an appointment whatsoever. I trolled around the internet and found out everyone that was getting appointments was quite IT savvy so I dug a little deeper. There was a Linux script people were using to query the CBP scheduling server, literally pounding on it every minute, and the second it found an appt it would take it. It would then pound on it subsequently finding better and better appointments.

While I’m no longer tech-useful, I looked at the basic code, installed it on my mac, tinkered for about 4 hours with a bourbon, and sent it to work. Within 24 hours I had an appt 6 months out. Within 48 hours I had one for the next day.

Not sure if CBP improved their IT capabilities since then (doubt it, its a gov agency), but if you’re techie you can probably find that script for appointment scheduling, install it, and get a face to face interview in days rather than years.

When I renewed, it was via zoom and I had no trouble getting it the normal way within about two weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eusebia92P

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg