Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

sureshot375

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Ok guys. This one is a screenshot of my 2021 bull.

Where are you aiming??
IMG_3137.jpeg

Wow
You were close!!

None. Yellow misses the brain. Red is a bit too far back to be a proper frontal brain, you might get some spine. In between red and yellow is very close. Green is not good with the body angle. I bet if he takes a step or turns toward you have a better shot presented. Just my opinion. Nice elephant.

I appreciate your honesty on the range.

Still ... I bow hunt.
Inside 40 yds is close. I've been within 6 ft of pigs over 400 lbs... Like a Chevy Tahoe or Toyota 4 runner on legs.

On a beastie that can outrun you, pull down the tree you're in, smash up the vehicle you're in, and literally turn you into a bloody pulp, that's pretty damn close.

Bravo to pachyderm hunters. May you be safe.

Actually 40 isn't very close in terms of ele hunts. In a lot of ways, the hunt is beginning at 50 yards and gets much closer after that. Depends on the cover but 20-25 is common...sometimes closer. It's very different than most other hunts.

Personally, I don't like any of those 3 shots. Angle is off. You've got time...wait for a better broadside and 35 is kind of far for a brain shot.

Between the red and yellow spot and slightly lower I would put a proper solid in this situation.

Yeah, as others have said, things will be better if he either takes another few steps or turns and looks at you. At that angle, red isn't terrible for a side brain shot, but it's a bit hard to know exactly. Yellow is aiming at nothing important. Green can work, but the shoulder bone is massive. Better to be broadside or slightly quartering away.

If you do try red, and it doesn't work, you'll need a quick follow up in the body if he turns and runs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dirk89B86

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?