Boeing Aircraft

Glad I don’t have any Boeing stock but those who travel have little choice about having to fly on at least a few Boeings. Last month had Alaska Airlines jack around with my upcoming August flight times by a significant amount. Not a “seasonal adjustment” as they labeled it. I’m certain it had to do with pulling a bunch of their 737 Max planes offline.

In other news, Boeing Starliner is still plagued with issues while in the middle of their first crewed test flight. They think being years behind schedule and billions of US tax dollars over budget is going unnoticed- right! No excuse IMO. They’ve had access to all the cumulative legacy tech of NASA from Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, STS since the late 50s and can’t figure out how to make basic reliable components, not to mention all the hardware/software interface glitches recurring over the first three test fights- two un-crewed now this first crewed flight. Personal opinion… but looks like a perfect storm of young arrogant engineers working for clueless bean counters.

I was pretty young but clearly remember several after dinner discussions when friends/family were visiting. In addition to family who flew in WWII, a nuclear weapons “weaponeer” would also occasionally be visiting and join the discussion. He was one of three assigned to babysit the two nukes that departed Tinian- one for each drop and one for ground support and back-up. The AAF had to add an extra crewman to those B29 nuke drops, a nuclear weapons tech, the “weaponeer”, to monitor the bombs to make sure the triggers and fuzes were operating and the weapons were armed correctly.

What impressed me most about all those involved, was their matter of fact nature, each knowing the huge responsibility of their task and the all too common and well known risk, whether it be mechanical failure or of being shot down. Maybe it is a type of fatalistic safety valve humans carry with them in those type circumstances.
The Failed salvage of "The Kee Bird" PBS/Nova
A crash-landed B29 found frozen in the Arctic. The years, expense, manpower to restore on site .. this was sad.

1719155790162.png

1719155811901.png

1719155843215.png

1719155897645.png

1719155922707.png

1719155953117.png

Fascination with the Superfortress .. Dialed in, the wheels finally break free of the snow & headed to it's runway ..

Last edited:
My morning flight on United from Denver to LaGuardia on June 15th was completely cancelled due to a mechanical issue on a MAX. Didn’t get to NY until midnight.

A commuter plane went into a flat spin and crashed into a residential area of Sao Paulo Brazil, killing all 62 on board.
It's a prop plane, and not a Boeing, and I'm waiting to find out who the manufacturer is, and what caused the crash.

The plane was an ATR 72 twin engine turboprop. Manufactured in France & Italy.

Buy when others are fearful…..

Not exactly commercial aircraft, but Boeing is still trying to figure out how to get 2 astronauts safely back from the ISS. An 8 day Starliner crewed test flight has turned into possibly an 8 month stay! While Boeing is trying to figure out 50 year old space flight technology, Space X just rolled out the most efficient liquid fuel rocket engine ever developed, the Raptor 3, with the highest thrust to mass ratio. BTW it uses compressed cow flatulence and LOX. :)

Couldn’t help notice a month or so ago a video clip of the NASA administrator yucking it up at a gala event with dopey Joe and Hunter. Seems obvious to me that Boeing is being protected by this administration and Space X is constantly being harassed. Plus Boeing’s fat, deep state defense contracts must be protected. ;) The only thing keeping the current idiots in DC from an all out assault on Musk and Space X is that Space X is the only current ISS crew transport system we have.

Last edited:
Also, the Boeing company represents 1% of USA GDP directly and 3% of the GDP indirectly. At the end of the day, if Boeing fails the entire economy will start to collapse like a domino effect. This has more to do with national security than just Democrats or Republicans. Both parties will not let Boeing fail on their watch and you can take that to the bank. This same scenario goes for Ford, GM, Intel, AT&T, Walmart, Amazon, Microsoft, etc. These companies are too big to fail, so when everyone and their mom is talking down the stock it’s prime time to get ready to buy the stock.

Also, the Boeing company represents 1% of USA GDP directly and 3% of the GDP indirectly. At the end of the day, if Boeing fails the entire economy will start to collapse like a domino effect. This has more to do with national security than just Democrats or Republicans. Both parties will not let Boeing fail on their watch and you can take that to the bank. This same scenario goes for Ford, GM, Intel, AT&T, Walmart, Amazon, Microsoft, etc. These companies are too big to fail, so when everyone and their mom is talking down the stock it’s prime time to get ready to buy the stock.
If true, then at some point the entire economy system becomes, by definition, fascistic where private industry becomes indistinguishable from government.

Well if Boeing is too big to be allowed to fail, they are playing the system well enough to make even the best deep state con artist proud. I thought I was going to puke watching the NASA news conference today about the ongoing Starliner cluster flop. The slathered on praise they were passing around to each other, including the unusually syrupy praise for the Boeing “teams” who were not present, seemed unusually thick. If the word “team” was used once it was used at least 100 times by the panel.

I guess if companies like Boeing are too big to be allowed to fail, it seems that when those so deemed do drop a giant turd on the carpet, even that becomes worthy of praise by the US Gov deep state handlers in charge of the operation. Rationalizing the billions of dollars over budget and years behind schedule of Boeing’s Starliner contract requires especially talented NASA gaslighting bureaucrats for the job. Their style and performance today seemed familiar and not dissimilar from other deep state bureaucrats often seen in the news. testifying about some screw up or begging for more money.

I hope Space X’s return flight can safely get it sorted out in February. My question to Administrator “smiley” Nelson would be, “How can a crewed test mission, billions over budget, years behind schedule, planned for 8 days, turn into 8 months, disrupt ISS scheduling and other crewed missions to the ISS not result in serious accountability including your resignation and rolling heads?” I doubt Nelson will face any questions of accountability as he is a prominent Dem and one of Brandon’s “golden boys”. I doubt any serious personal accountability will be called due based on the demeanor and tone of the mutual admiration society panel on display today,

I knew when they said they were going to give an update on Saturday they were pulling the plug. This signals to me that the government is going out of there way to limit the coverage while the market is open. This issue will quietly go away by design and I believe the market has already priced this decision in. Ironically the stock price might go up on Monday due to the fact that the risk of killing Astronauts upon reentry is eliminated. But that’s short term speculation, not my cup of tea!

These companies are too big to fail
Same with the banks that got bailed out. If it is too big too fail it needs to be broken up. Risks for everyday people are too great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allisonholker56

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?