Boeing Aircraft

Red Leg here's a couple of examples of the US government being able to keep secrets for a long time.

".........The notion that the US government could keep such a secret coverup for three decades is farcical. ......."

President Kennedy (JFK) was assassinated in 1963 although little by little more information on his assassination has been released the US government is still covering it up after nearly 6 decades.

Then there is Area 51, built in 1955, that's nearing 7 decades.

Of course there are the Clintons secrets, ie laptop, emails, how many blow jobs that president Clinton in the White House, Benghazi, why so many of "their friends" committed suicide, conveniently had fatal accidents, etc.

And who knows how long if ever Hunter Biden's information on his laptop will be exposed or who was the master mind behind the fraudulent 2020 presidential election.
Oh for Christ’s sake. JFK?!? Please actually read the Warren Commission Report.

And what part of about Area 51 - that the military has a classified test facility or little green men?

Again, the idea that a three agencies of the US government could hide an accidental shoot down of a domestic airliner is preposterous. I don’t care who was running for re-election.

Speaking of plane crashes, in Dec 1973 I was flying from Portland Ore to Chicago. the plane was a DC-10 the take-off time was delayed at least an hour. The reason was there was a problem getting the cargo door to shut. Comments among passengers amounted to give the baggage handler a bigger hammer so he can shut the compartment. Small talk with the stewardess (remember 1973) indicated, after Chicago the plane was on to New York and then Europe.
A few days later in the news was a DC-10 that crashed in Turkey- the cause was a cargo door that wasn't properly latched. I've occasionally wondered if the plane that crashed was the one on which I was riding and considered the lack of wisdom in the advice to get a bigger hammer.

I generally agree that the government isn’t very good at covering up things (and I’m glad that is the case). On the other hand, I believe the media can do a fantastic job of covering up or diverting attention from matters that would embarrass or cause problems for certain politicians or groups.

I once flew in a DC-3 (Mexico) it was leaking oil do not fly DC-3s, unsafe, not!

Wyatt I guess what concerned me was the DC-3 landed with one engine out (Mexico City). The ground crew dumped a hell of a lot of oil into it. We then got on the plane it took off on both engines, but on the way to Acapulco they cut the engine and did the approach and landing on one engine, again. The year 1964.

If I remember correctly I had a bit of Tequila in me, but he made a beautiful landing. As I was leaving the airport I heard the DC-3 taking off again (it was a bit behind schedule).

If a radial engine is not leaking oil it probably doesn’t have any in it.
A a lad, a family friend had a Cessna 195 (radial engine). I don't recall it leaking oil. I flew it quite a bit and mainly remember that as a rail dragger and that big engine, coming in for a landing the only view was out the side window.

Explosive decompression on Alaska Airlines flight. Officials have grounded many of 737 - 9 Max.
Alaska Airlines has a history of poor maintenance.
Alaska Airlines flight 261 plunged into the ocean in 2000, killing all on board.

They were lucky that it only happened at 16,000 feet.

I'll never step foot on a Boeing Max aircraft

Explosive decompression on Alaska Airlines flight. Officials have grounded many of 737 - 9 Max.
Alaska Airlines has a history of poor maintenance.
Alaska Airlines flight 261 plunged into the ocean in 2000, killing all on board.

They were lucky that it only happened at 16,000 feet.

I'll never step foot on a Boeing Max aircraft
That’s just crazy.

Probably not hard to figure out cause of or likely who's negligence caused this particular incident with the door plug. It's not rocket science and not many choices. 1) the aircraft's engineering and design was faulty. 2) the aircraft's construction was faulty. 3) the aircraft's maintenance was faulty. I imagine Boeing, the NTSB and the Airlines involved have already narrowed down to one of those. Now the cover, spin and damage control begins. Not a good look for Boeing or the maintenance crews no matter who screwed the pooch with that door plug or the loose bolts on other planes... especially given the history of this particular model. This latest added to the previous Max crashes and their not-so-stellar Starliner project- yikes!

Last edited:
So does this admission open Boeing up to lawsuits from the passengers...?

Share Message - Boeing admits mistake over plane door blow-out

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 9.28.51 AM.jpeg

So does this admission open Boeing up to lawsuits from the passengers...?

Share Message - Boeing admits mistake over plane door blow-out
Yes, lawsuit was filed against Boeing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregoryHol

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!