Blaser R8 for Dangerous Game

Of course you can. Change bolt head and magazine insert. If you have safari profile barrel and fit a standard barrel there will be gap between barrel and stock but that's really not an issue. Build your own blaser only shows africa calibers for safari versions because those come with safari profile barrel that is only available in certain calibers.

Would Blaser do a special order .300H&H to go with the .375H&H?

As far as I known they do not do special order calibers from outside of their standard offerings. Presently they offer:
-300 Blaser Mag
-300 RUM
-300 Win Mag
-300 Weatherby Mag
-300 WSM
-300 Norma Mag

Last edited:
As far as I known they do not do special order calibers from outside of their standard offerings. Presently they offer:
-300 Blaser Mag
-300 RUM
-300 Win Mag
-300 Weatherby Mag
-300 WSM
-300 Norma Mag

They have always before taken special orders. But that may have changed in recent years.

However, the upcoming corona ”crisis” / recession might make them more inclined to special orders.

In Germany, there is a gunsmith scene, that makes barrels for the R93 and R 8 in almost every caliber.

Magazine is more critical to make than the barrel....

HWL

However, the upcoming corona ”crisis” / recession might make them more inclined to special orders.

Because of the absence of chinese parts in an R8, not a problem for that company.... :sneaky:

HWL

Blaser did a 300WM and 375H&H combo in a Blaser marked Pelican case.
It was a limited edition and was only available for a short time.
Came with a steel receiver and kickstop in the stock.
It had the Cape Buffalo for the top foam instead of the Sheep they normally use.
Mine came with the 300WM barrel but not the 375H&H.

Because of the absence of chinese parts in an R8, not a problem for that company.... :sneaky:

HWL
Sure about that? Also, if the world economy takes a dive, does it matter that no parts in a Blaser is made China if nobody is buying?

Sure about that? Also, if the world economy takes a dive, does it matter that no parts in a Blaser is made China if nobody is buying?

Sure about that....

A good tool always has a market.

HWL

I don't know what all the arguing is about. I love me a nice blazer.

15328879_fpx.jpeg

All joking aside. I read all 13 pages. Sounds like there are a handful of guys who own them and love them. Then a huge pile of guys who heard about a story from a guy on a forum, whose cousins dad went to Africa and another guy in the camps PH rifle jammed.

Feels a lot like all the ELD X threads I keep falling for. Guys who use them and love them vs guys who have never even held one in there hand.

I have the mentality that if you've never actually tried something yourself. Your stock ain't worth shit. Your only repeating a rumour you heard. And yes that's what it is. A rumour.

All joking aside. I read all 13 pages. Sounds like there are a handful of guys who own them and love them. Then a huge pile of guys who heard about a story from a guy on a forum, whose cousins dad went to Africa and another guy in the camps PH rifle jammed.

Feels a lot like all the ELD X threads I keep falling for. Guys who use them and love them vs guys who have never even held one in there hand.

I have the mentality that if you've never actually tried something yourself. Your stock ain't worth shit. Your only repeating a rumour you heard. And yes that's what it is. A rumour.
Before owning one, I only handled a few of them at Euro Optic.
My bride fell in love at first sight with the Intuition, and it was on.
After that, all our other rifles started going up for sale.
We may buy other rifles, but they will most likely be on the R8 chassis.

To the best of my knowledge (?) BeeMaa, only Selous barrels have a barrel band front swivel mount (and traditional iron sights - other barrels may be ordered with Blaser-style iron sights).

Since your .300 Win barrel is a Selous barrel, and your .416 Rem barrel will be a Selous barrel, it would really make sense to have a Selous .375 H&H barrel, but this is where the Blaser hostage-taking rip-off (am I saying it strongly enough?) shines: they are asking as much for a simple f...ing steel pipe (OK, OK, with barrel band front swivel mount and iron sights) than you are asking for your entire AHR mod 2 .375 H&H ... with scope & mounts mind you!

View attachment 319483

THAT is what drove me away from the R8. I have only so much Vaseline to handout...

But now you are stuck, so I would advise you to get the .375 H&H Selous barrel otherwise you will likely regret it, and I hope you have a higher level of tolerance for this type of being-taken-advantage-of than I have...

PS: I know, I know, R8 lovers will hate this post and they are likely already licking the stamps for the hate mail...
Or you could buy a J Sip barrel for $1200.

The Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-R have EHR (Equivalent Horizontal Range).
Yes, if I had the -B it would give me an opportunity to loose a micro SD...somewhere, never to be seen again.
I keep my shots to less than 300 yards on game, so it's nothing a range card can't take care of.

My last set was the gen 1 Leica Geovid-R 10x42 with EHR (part #40428) that now hang around the neck of my PH.
Which is why I'm needing a new set.
Truth be told, I gave them away in the hopes of upgrading to the newer Leica Geovid HD-R.

It's gonna be a little while before it all comes in.
Some of it they have in stock, most of it is being ordered.
Probably 6 months or so before it all shows up.

Yes, pictures will be coming when they come in.
Thanks guys!
The newLeicas Bluetooth to phone app or Kestrel. No micro SD card. Tempted to buy one!

No but you can order custom R8 barrels here in US in most any caliber.

Ditto that

In Germany, when guys meet each other for a driven hunt, 8 out of 10 hunters use a R8, one has the old R93, the remaining one operates M98, Schönauer, Steyr, Sauer, Heym, you name it.

R8 has taken over the scene completely.

This is not a yoke....

HWL

Before owning one, I only handled a few of them at Euro Optic.
My bride fell in love at first sight with the Intuition, and it was on.
After that, all our other rifles started going up for sale.
We may buy other rifles, but they will most likely be on the R8 chassis.

I played around on their website last night. And my god some of these rifles are gorgeous. I would be afraid to take them in the bush their so pretty. That one your wife is handling is gorgeous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laolapow

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's