Best looking round

I don’t own a 6.5CR, so these will have to suffice?

C9EC09A9-95D0-4E84-A2BD-F7C70CAADE50.jpeg

View attachment 447495

I know Weatherby rounds don’t get much love amongst the AH crowd; however, no single round has been more effective for me than the 300 Weatherby Magnum.

Whitetails, wild boars, bison, moose, bears, pronghorn, mule deer, sable, zebra, nyala.

A true workhorse. That double radius shoulder is still as sexy now as when I discovered them as a teen.
I am a fan of the double radius shoulder only have a 240 at the present time ,have had 270, 224 & 340 the problem in Australia is the cost of brass, Norma thinks it made out of Gold !

With that spear of a projectile, my vote goes to the 6.5 x 54 Mannlicher or this forgotten round:

The 6.5 Carcano

1642613177926.png

A round that needs revival obviously!!!!
I laugh because back in "that day", it seems bigger was always better, so I wonder why this cartridge didn't "flourish", so to speak?

How does it head space?
@rdog - The case head spaces on the shoulder.
As small as the shoulder is (around 40 thou per side) it has not been a problem.
Fire forming is best with a lighter 300 to 350gr bullet seated into the lands to hold the case against the bolt face. Did not loose one case to fire forming.
CH4D do the reloading dies for it. Velocity is approx. 50-80 fps behind the .458 Lott.

Shit Bob they must be loaded for the T Rex that i hear is running amuck around Wyong.
@rdog
I have a few loaded up in case a Trex or Brontosauras get into my vegetable garden. Hopefully all the 243 barrel tomatoe stakes keep them out, they have so far.
I saw a T Rex rolling around laughing at my stakes, probably knew what they were.
Bob

@rdog
I have a few loaded up in case a Trex or Brontosauras get into my vegetable garden. Hopefully all the 243 barrel tomatoe stakes keep them out, they have so far.
I saw a T Rex rolling around laughing at my stakes, probably knew what they were.
Bob
Bob i think you need some help take 2 6mm pills twice a day untill you feel better

We are up early letting the dog out, so I decided to make coffee and enjoy the pre-dawn. So I asked my wife what she thinks the best looking round is? And she answered "I dont know, they all look the same"!

We are up early letting the dog out, so I decided to make coffee and enjoy the pre-dawn. So I asked my wife what she thinks the best looking round is? And she answered "I dont know, they all look the same"!
Ha! Ha! So true! That's why the few large bore rifles I have purchased over the last several years all have the same generic looking walnut stocks. They all look the same to my wife! "Did you just buy this one?" "No honey, that's the one I bought two years ago". LOL Works for me!

Ha! Ha! So true! That's why the few large bore rifles I have purchased over the last several years all have the same generic looking walnut stocks. They all look the same to my wife! "Did you just buy this one?" "No honey, that's the one I bought two years ago". LOL Works for me!
I though i was the only man to try that story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodgerSchr

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!