Best looking round

Not sure about any of the "manbun" rounds, but I'll play. How about an original DWM factory, Bell era, 173 gr FMJ-RN 7x57 sitting on top of Bell's drawing of elephant anatomy :)

ST39400dpi275MSDWMCartridges001_zpscncick6g Mauser.jpg


MS DWM Cartridge Board.png
 
Last edited:
Most of the rounds so far are all good looking rounds, but I have these that havent been mentioned yet and are favs of mine, in both looks and performance.
l-r 7x64, 8x64s, .35 Winchester
IMG_2507.JPG
 
This....the cartridge..not the beer though..

.600 pic.jpg
 
I was in the gun safe a couple of hours ago looking around. My vote still goes to the 7x57, but I’ve got to admit that the .22 hornet is a pretty cool little round.
 
Last edited:
I was in the gun safe a couple of hours ago looking around. My vote still goes to the 7x57, but I’ve got to admit that the .22 hornet is a pretty cool little round.
@WAB
What about the sexy little K Hornet
20220118_113148.jpg
 
I like the look of most cartridges loaded with long, heavy traditional round nose soft point bullets. But the old time traditional rounds are best. There has already been pictures posted previously for the 6.5x54MS/156 gr. RN, 7x57/175gr. RN, 30-06/220gr. RN, .318 W-R/250gr. RN, 9.3x62/286gr. RN, .375 H&H/300 Gr. RN, etc. If they are loaded with Proper traditional bullets, and have shiny nickel plated cases, even better. For looks, anyway!
Someone please post a picture of a .303 British/215 gr. RN for me. Then we've covered most of the famous ones.
 
Last edited:
As a Scandi i have to say 8mm PMM,Poor Mans Magnum

He took the .300 HH case cut it down to what became ca lenght of later Norma Twins.
Slightly rebated it as not to rework a standard k98 bolt

Altered the magazine And chamber,keeping same barrel in 8mm.
Hmmmmm, i cant love that.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,846
Members
169,435
Latest member
hanthanhvien
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top