Baikal double

My Beretta 45-90 with 26 inch barrels:

Regulated to group 350 grain NF in a tight group at 100 yards. MV around 2200 fps.

Years ago, I asked two gun makers about extending the chambers of a Baikal 45-70 to 45-90; Both said no, and do not shoot hot loads in the Baikal. I did as recommended.

I got lucky this past weekend , I stopped in a pawn shop and seen this in a glass case and asked if it was a 410 , he said it was a double rifle in 30:06 , I grabbed it !!!!!!!
Please can you post a picture Chris, and one of the underside of the action?

@Kevin Peacocke
Yes they aren't pretty but they are built like a brick outhouse. For the price they are it could always be restocked in a better grade of timber to make it look better and fit better and still be a good double for a lot less than 4 grand.
45-90 sounds better to me, but I ain't normal.
Bob
You, not Normal? That accounts for many of us, I believe

I think the mono block on these isn't really up to longer chambers & they are very light (recoil becomes a factor) also you can load the 45/70 to do almost any thing any way & you would have to reload a 45/90 if you rechambered.

You can how ever make it look nicer, we have had a discussion on these here before.

View attachment 466035
Sarg, absolutely gorgeous refinish, would you mind linking me to the post where you discuss it? I’m very new here! Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertaNilk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.