Aside from Africa, what are some memorable guided hunts around the world that rival the experience of an African Safari?

...I've done a lifetime of remote solo wilderness hunting that was certainly a lot wilder than the pampered camps of "wild Africa." ...
Pampered camps, really?

1693939395916.png

1693939434799.png

I did driven shoots both in Hungary, Bulgaria and UK for pheasants and gray partridge.
They are fun and nice and I would do them again.
But just like doves in Argentina I consider them shooting and not hunting.
Well of course. But what is your point?

Well of course. But what is your point?
My point is simple.
There's a vast difference between two and OP was asking about hunting.
I guess you would agree.

My point is simple.
There's a vast difference between two and OP was asking about hunting.
I guess you would agree.
Well sure. But both can be tremendous experiences. I suspect the OP can figure out the difference as well. And we can get on a real slippery slope about hunting and shooting if we want to start mixing CBL and released PG on a game farm into the mix.

Hunting by definition is something you don't know what the outcome will be and I think it's the biggest difference!
There's a reason in UK driven pheasants, ducks, grouse etc... is called "shooting" and not hunting pedantic or not.
You are telling people to try different places in Africa than typical game farm experience which I totally agree but on this subject respectfully I do not.
Again, is one outdoors and enjoying themselves and having a great experience? I don't care what you call it. I am thinking Spain or Morocco partridge hunt for 2025. As @Red Leg mentioned ladies are fine with those kinds of hunts as opposed to no frills DG hunts in Africa. The outfitter I use even has daily excursions for the companions while the shooters are out in the field.

1693940274544.png

1693940318366.png

Well sure. But both can be tremendous experiences. I suspect the OP can figure out the difference as well. And we can get on a real slippery slope about hunting and shooting if we want to start mixing CBL and released PG on a game farm into the mix.
Sure but If you read my post, I never said I oppose it.
Been there , done that and I'll do it again and it's a lot of fun.
However it's my personal choice to draw the line somewhere about what's shooting and what's hunting and use the correct terminology.

Sure but If you read my post, I never said I oppose it.
Been there , done that and I'll do it again and it's a lot of fun.
However it's my personal choice to draw the line somewhere about what's shooting and what's hunting and use the correct terminology.
No one said you did. You should draw the line wherever you are comfortable with respect to what constitutes ethical "hunting" or the use of terminology. For instance, I draw mine at big game put and take operations - CBL, PG, or freak deer in North America. To me, those venues and those animals represent shooting. Hypocritically perhaps, I have no reservations shooting pen-raised birds at tower shoots or on some southern quail plantations. I enjoy "hunting" wild birds on the Texas coast or in Western Kansas more, but good dogs on a Georgia plantation is day well spent as well. Your lines in the sand may be different. I think all @Tanks and I were doing was offering some alternatives and perhaps somewhat different options to the OP and whomever else is interested in this thread.

I was In Poland on my first and for now only foreign hunt after roebuck and boar in 2007 .

It was a good hunt , and i wish i knew my self better then .

Visited some secret weapon areas I later saw again on videos about General Kammler , the secret behind the word secret when it comes weapon and construction on large scale clandestine done.

Then all changed and went
years until i hunted again .

In 2011 me and my lady helped out on a Danish hunt and food event in Scotland with Adam Price , if there is some Danish here . They will know who I mean .

That was fun and long hours , but it was in a Scottish estate not far from Balmoral and it was game , game , classic recipes and introduction to Sloe Gin .
And many of Danes asked if me and my lady run the place as caretakers .
We had just gotten there 2 days before the group

Then little bit later Downtown abbey series began so we could tell people what we had been on .

We didn’t get to hunt or fish , but helped process the rabbits , pheasant , grouses , deer . And lot of dishwashing .

I really enjoyed hunting water buffalo in Australia. I only hunted 5 days, but if I return there, it'll be a minimum of 7 days. It's a great place to get a lot of experience with shooting buffalo, and testing calibers, bullets, ect for such animals.
Getting there is a long process, as it involves quite a bit of traveling, but that applies to places like Zimbabwe, Tanzania, ect as well.

Ok, This was a simple half day guided trip that was so much fun! Best friend and spouses had a ball. Even my wife got in on it, and you can tell it was a hoot from her smile. It was a target rich environment, with a LOT of shooting, and got to watch a great retriever at work. Doesn't get much better.....
photo_2023-02-10_15-44-45.jpg
photo_2023-02-10_15-48-29.jpg
photo_2023-02-10_15-49-14.jpg
photo_2023-02-10_15-47-13.jpg

That looks like a blast!

That looks like a blast!
Yes, it was! Michael with Florida Adventure Outfitters. Ft. Lauderdale area.

Ok, This was a simple half day guided trip that was so much fun! Best friend and spouses had a ball. Even my wife got in on it, and you can tell it was a hoot from her smile. It was a target rich environment, with a LOT of shooting, and got to watch a great retriever at work. Doesn't get much better.....
View attachment 555254View attachment 555256View attachment 555257View attachment 555258
You should have had that big sucker mounted - maybe on its hind legs like a velociraptor. :cool:

I assume they taste like chicken?

You should have had that big sucker mounted - maybe on its hind legs like a velociraptor. :cool:

I assume they taste like chicken?
He asked if we wanted to have it mounted. We opted not to, but he was keeping him for a mount as he said someone would want to do it if we didn't. He figured it was 40+ years old based on some he had had aged. It was a very fun time and we all learned a LOT about Iguanas! Shot a lot more that sank and were not recovered also. I guess the meat is a delicacy, but we actually did not give it a go. Maybe next time. ;)

Michael with Florida Adventure Outfitters. Ft. Lauderdale area....

View attachment 555264
UNTIE ME, MICHAEL!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiillmara

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg