Argentina vs Africa

Going in March
Any suggestions for things to see in BA?
Definitely do a Tango show and dinner. Have your hotel arrange it for you ahead of time. Ladies will love it as well. Shop Florida Street. The leather goods are superb. Check with your concierge for the best restaurants near your hotel. Argentina is the land of steaks and Malbec wines. One somewhat odd site that is really worth an hour or two is to wander through the Recoleta Cemetery. You can even put a flower on Evita's tomb (Eva Peron).

recoleta-cemetery-buenos-aires-featured.jpg

Definitely do a Tango show and dinner. Have your hotel arrange it for you ahead of time. Ladies will love it as well. Shop Florida Street. The leather goods are superb. Check with your concierge for the best restaurants near your hotel. Argentina is the land of steaks and Malbec wines. One somewhat odd site that is really worth an hour or two is to wander through the Recoleta Cemetery. You can even put a flower on Evita's tomb (Eva Peron).

View attachment 626629
Thanks
We are food and wine people so we already have a trip down to Mendoza planned

Will actually spend four days in Mendoza in Wine Country before heading over to the Lodge to hunt

We have planned a couple days in BA at the end so I appreciate your suggestions on what to do there

It's interesting to hear a lot of agreement to NOT bringing guns to Argentina. You would think someone would put together a gun and VIP service as you see in Africa. Here's an interesting detail...there are 20,000 hunters visiting Argentina every year, which is more than all African safaris combined annually. That's a huge market for services.
Yes, this was the only disappointing part for me
I am going in March and I would really really love to bring my plains game rifle

But I am told that it’s really a hassle and especially for the fact that we are going to tour Mendoza wine country before we hunt and that it’s not advisable to be lugging your rifle all around the country

I am a total gun aficionado and it’s super depressing for me to think about hunting stag and Blackbuck, etc. without my favorite 300 Weatherby

Last edited:
If I go to Argentina it would be for fun with a group. It has never been high on my list but a buffalo could entice me!

I have had multiple trips to Argentina over the past twenty plus years, and always left with the idea I would go back. My first trip was for dove and pigeon but escalated to big game over the years. My wife has always enjoyed going along and we hunted a large part of the country simultaneously vacationing and celebrating our wedding anniversary.

As @Red Leg stated, the Water Buffalo are not wired like a Cape Buffalo and from my experience were less wary. That being said, you must respect an animal of that size regardless of his current temperament, things can always change.

Like previously stated, Argentina and Africa are two totally different destinations, but for those of us here that live in North America, its easy to get to, can offer excellent hunting at fairly reasonable rates.

I suggest everybody do your research online.
Then asking questions and seeking recommendations from fellow members with experience in Argentina here - online - would seem a perfect place to start. :unsure:

I have done Argentina 3 times and Africa a bunch more. Both are great destinations and the only thing that I will add is no need to bring Firearms to Argentina as the outfitters have great rifles and shotguns and the Argentine government treats everyone bringing in weapons as the advance party of the next coup d'é·tat!

HH

I just think the gun permit issues are odd. There are many gun articles talking about taking new shotguns to test in Cordova, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoseaLayh

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com