Argentina vs Africa

Going in March
Any suggestions for things to see in BA?
Definitely do a Tango show and dinner. Have your hotel arrange it for you ahead of time. Ladies will love it as well. Shop Florida Street. The leather goods are superb. Check with your concierge for the best restaurants near your hotel. Argentina is the land of steaks and Malbec wines. One somewhat odd site that is really worth an hour or two is to wander through the Recoleta Cemetery. You can even put a flower on Evita's tomb (Eva Peron).

recoleta-cemetery-buenos-aires-featured.jpg

Definitely do a Tango show and dinner. Have your hotel arrange it for you ahead of time. Ladies will love it as well. Shop Florida Street. The leather goods are superb. Check with your concierge for the best restaurants near your hotel. Argentina is the land of steaks and Malbec wines. One somewhat odd site that is really worth an hour or two is to wander through the Recoleta Cemetery. You can even put a flower on Evita's tomb (Eva Peron).

View attachment 626629
Thanks
We are food and wine people so we already have a trip down to Mendoza planned

Will actually spend four days in Mendoza in Wine Country before heading over to the Lodge to hunt

We have planned a couple days in BA at the end so I appreciate your suggestions on what to do there

It's interesting to hear a lot of agreement to NOT bringing guns to Argentina. You would think someone would put together a gun and VIP service as you see in Africa. Here's an interesting detail...there are 20,000 hunters visiting Argentina every year, which is more than all African safaris combined annually. That's a huge market for services.
Yes, this was the only disappointing part for me
I am going in March and I would really really love to bring my plains game rifle

But I am told that it’s really a hassle and especially for the fact that we are going to tour Mendoza wine country before we hunt and that it’s not advisable to be lugging your rifle all around the country

I am a total gun aficionado and it’s super depressing for me to think about hunting stag and Blackbuck, etc. without my favorite 300 Weatherby

Last edited:
If I go to Argentina it would be for fun with a group. It has never been high on my list but a buffalo could entice me!

I have had multiple trips to Argentina over the past twenty plus years, and always left with the idea I would go back. My first trip was for dove and pigeon but escalated to big game over the years. My wife has always enjoyed going along and we hunted a large part of the country simultaneously vacationing and celebrating our wedding anniversary.

As @Red Leg stated, the Water Buffalo are not wired like a Cape Buffalo and from my experience were less wary. That being said, you must respect an animal of that size regardless of his current temperament, things can always change.

Like previously stated, Argentina and Africa are two totally different destinations, but for those of us here that live in North America, its easy to get to, can offer excellent hunting at fairly reasonable rates.

I suggest everybody do your research online.
Then asking questions and seeking recommendations from fellow members with experience in Argentina here - online - would seem a perfect place to start. :unsure:

I have done Argentina 3 times and Africa a bunch more. Both are great destinations and the only thing that I will add is no need to bring Firearms to Argentina as the outfitters have great rifles and shotguns and the Argentine government treats everyone bringing in weapons as the advance party of the next coup d'é·tat!

HH

I just think the gun permit issues are odd. There are many gun articles talking about taking new shotguns to test in Cordova, etc.

Then asking questions and seeking recommendations from fellow members with experience in Argentina here - online - would seem a perfect place to start. :unsure:
There has been some news this month regarding some outfitters and trophy permits.
I don't want to point fingers on anyone, just felt to give the seemly ovbius advice regarding the above mentioned.
Besides, I will like to add that everybody should consider hunting in Patagonia -as well as the plains of Province of La Pampa or the Province of Buenos Aires that have been mentioned in this thread- : challenging and rewarding!

There has been some news this month regarding some outfitters and trophy permits.
I don't want to point fingers on anyone, just felt to give the seemly ovbius advice regarding the above mentioned.
Besides, I will like to add that everybody should consider hunting in Patagonia -as well as the plains of Province of La Pampa or the Province of Buenos Aires that have been mentioned in this thread- : challenging and rewarding!
Good point. There is a fairly robust discussion of the issue here on the forum.

I just think the gun permit issues are odd. There are many gun articles talking about taking new shotguns to test in Cordova, etc.
What is really odd is that it is fairly easy to bring the gun in on your first visit to Argentina.

But if you have ever been to Argentina prior, hunting or not, then it gets exponentially more difficult and requires a visit to the Argentine Embassy in the U.S.

Very strange

I was hoping you would reply. The red stag and bird hunting are well documented in Argentina. Do you have any thoughts on the water buff hunting? It's not written about a lot.
i want to hunt dove there to experience what it is like to experience such a volume of birds

In case anyone doesn't know the process to bring a firearm into Argentina.....see the link below

I decided it just wasn't worth it for me since I will be traveling to the Mendoza Wine region for a few days before heading over to the Pampas to hunt. It is bad enough getting the gun in country but I really didn't want to deal with it while traveling in country before the hunt and touring B.A. after the hunt before we fly home. As much as I love to use my own firearms as it just detracts from the hunting experience for me if I cant use my own gun, but I was convinced to leave mine at home by the travel agency.

My disappointment at not using my own rifle is somewhat diminished for me though because my lodge literally runs the exact same gun as I would have been bringing...a Weatherby Accumark with Leupold scope...only theirs are 30-06 and mine is a .300 Wby. So it will feel like I am using my exact gun...well up until I pull the trigger and it hits me like a feather :)

Attachments

So... How's the Bowhunting there? Any outfitters who are set up well to accommodate bowhunters?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lula005117

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well