Argentina vs Africa

Going in March
Any suggestions for things to see in BA?
Definitely do a Tango show and dinner. Have your hotel arrange it for you ahead of time. Ladies will love it as well. Shop Florida Street. The leather goods are superb. Check with your concierge for the best restaurants near your hotel. Argentina is the land of steaks and Malbec wines. One somewhat odd site that is really worth an hour or two is to wander through the Recoleta Cemetery. You can even put a flower on Evita's tomb (Eva Peron).

recoleta-cemetery-buenos-aires-featured.jpg

Definitely do a Tango show and dinner. Have your hotel arrange it for you ahead of time. Ladies will love it as well. Shop Florida Street. The leather goods are superb. Check with your concierge for the best restaurants near your hotel. Argentina is the land of steaks and Malbec wines. One somewhat odd site that is really worth an hour or two is to wander through the Recoleta Cemetery. You can even put a flower on Evita's tomb (Eva Peron).

View attachment 626629
Thanks
We are food and wine people so we already have a trip down to Mendoza planned

Will actually spend four days in Mendoza in Wine Country before heading over to the Lodge to hunt

We have planned a couple days in BA at the end so I appreciate your suggestions on what to do there

It's interesting to hear a lot of agreement to NOT bringing guns to Argentina. You would think someone would put together a gun and VIP service as you see in Africa. Here's an interesting detail...there are 20,000 hunters visiting Argentina every year, which is more than all African safaris combined annually. That's a huge market for services.
Yes, this was the only disappointing part for me
I am going in March and I would really really love to bring my plains game rifle

But I am told that it’s really a hassle and especially for the fact that we are going to tour Mendoza wine country before we hunt and that it’s not advisable to be lugging your rifle all around the country

I am a total gun aficionado and it’s super depressing for me to think about hunting stag and Blackbuck, etc. without my favorite 300 Weatherby

Last edited:
If I go to Argentina it would be for fun with a group. It has never been high on my list but a buffalo could entice me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Global Hunting Destinations

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?