Any Tips and tricks for first time South Africa hunt

A: Take your own rifle, the one with which you are the most proficient.

B: Practice, practice, practice, then practice some more.

C: Follow your PHs tips, suggestions and advice.

I have borrowed rental rifles in Africa and done just fine. Shot both buffalo with a rental 375. Fired it once at the range. Two buff in four shots including the range. Also twice borrowed a 30-06 when my gun failed (first safari the new scope crapped and second safari the bedding for new barrel shrank). Worked fine for me. But my outfitter is a reloading wizard and the rifles were both fancy grade CZ.

1) practice different shooting positions and sticks
2) listen to your PH
3) pack light
4) be flexible on your wish list
5) if you don’t take your own rifle find, out what your choices are in camp and what optics they have on them and try to practice with something similar.
6) go and have a grand time with your family and hunt with your dad as this won’t last forever.

If you want full length pants 5-11 makes great ones I wrote the green on my trip My PH luvs them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaGrim

Latest profile posts

Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg