Any Tips and tricks for first time South Africa hunt

A: Take your own rifle, the one with which you are the most proficient.

B: Practice, practice, practice, then practice some more.

C: Follow your PHs tips, suggestions and advice.

I have borrowed rental rifles in Africa and done just fine. Shot both buffalo with a rental 375. Fired it once at the range. Two buff in four shots including the range. Also twice borrowed a 30-06 when my gun failed (first safari the new scope crapped and second safari the bedding for new barrel shrank). Worked fine for me. But my outfitter is a reloading wizard and the rifles were both fancy grade CZ.

1) practice different shooting positions and sticks
2) listen to your PH
3) pack light
4) be flexible on your wish list
5) if you don’t take your own rifle find, out what your choices are in camp and what optics they have on them and try to practice with something similar.
6) go and have a grand time with your family and hunt with your dad as this won’t last forever.

If you want full length pants 5-11 makes great ones I wrote the green on my trip My PH luvs them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stencilmonkey

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]