Am I Crazy?!? Or Did I Catch the Mid-Bore Bug?

@Forrest Halley
Young Forrest you should be taken out and bitch slapped for comparing the grand old 9.3 to the 243.
As Gomer Pyle would say shame, shame, shame.
Bob
Grand old 9.3? Come on Bobbles, it's barely legal and sometimes not. The 3-7-5 is what you need there and then there's no worries. Nobody questions anything.
@Forrest Halley
But it ain't a 45 and even you know bigger is better.
Bob
You are apparently unaware that the Sig P220 is one of the more accurate factory .45's. I've had the same one for the past fifteen years and nothing comes close to it as far as reliability and accuracy except my other P220 SAO. My only complaint is I don't like picking up the casings and I'll pick up .45 until it's split clean down the middle. My guess at why the 227 the double stack .45 failed was because of grip design. They need to stop designing guns for men with fairy hands. If you don't have big hands you don't need a forty-five.

I have shot a glock 19 once. They are pretty little toys some some decent firepower and yes accuracy. it was fun to shoot.
Quite possibly the best proportioned Glock. There is something magical in that size and caliber. I used to shoot mine at plate racks at 100 yards.
I have also seen a 21SF that I personally observed five out of six people go one for one on six inch plates at 100 yards. Factory stock even down to the sights. A 200 grain Xtreme FMJ over TG IIRC.

Bob,
My Glock 21 .45 holds 14 rounds with a 13 round magazine. My Glock 40 (6" barrel) 10mm holds 16 rounds with a 15 round magazine. The more rounds, the more fun!
Hopefully, Glock will someday build a hunting rifle. My specs would be a 22-24" fluted, polygonal rifled barrel with quick change ability, fluted push feed style bolt with a Sako extractor, and a polycarbonate stock with adjustable lop. At about 6 lbs., and chambered in .243, 6mm Rem., 6mm and 6.5 Creedmoor and more 6.5s, 6.8 this or that, .308, .300 something and .338WM.
It would be your "dream rifle" Bob! Ha! Ha! Ha!
COLORADO ELK (WAPITI) HUNTER
Oh, and at about $600US.
@CoElkHunter
All sounds good but it's still a plastic fantastic not blued steel and wood.
Bob

I'm just weird.

Only explanation for why I like the .338 Federal and .35 Whelen so much.
@2L8
Not weird mate, intelligent and great taste. Grasshopper @CoElkHunter still has much to learn. He actually thinks the 338WM is a hunting cartridge. Those of us in the know say the 35 Whelen is just fine.
Bob.

If I’m going to think about the 9.3x64 Bren, then I just may as well get the .535 Savage bolt head, and rebore, or buy a barrel already chambered in .375 Ruger, or even better yet, the .416 Ruger.
Both fit beautifully in a Savage long action, and are excellent whoppers of big game too.

Hawk

Oh! And here is my solution to Blocks (Glocks):

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

Hawk

@2L8
Not weird mate, intelligent and great taste. Grasshopper @CoElkHunter still has much to learn. He actually thinks the 338WM is a hunting cartridge. Those of us in the know say the 35 Whelen is just fine.
Bob.

But without the .338 WM where would we get donor rifles for a JES rebore to .416 Ruger?

But without the .338 WM where would we get donor rifles for a JES rebore to .416 Ruger?
2L8
I can see young Grasshopper @CoElkHunter spraying his milk coffee latte all over the place when he sees this. I dint know If'n JES could rebore a 338 to 35 and make a 358 Norma out of it as Nd turn it into a real rifle. We could leave the 338 marking on the barrel so he wouldn't cry to much
Ha ha ha ha ha
Bob.

Grand old 9.3? Come on Bobbles, it's barely legal and sometimes not. The 3-7-5 is what you need there and then there's no worries. Nobody questions anything.

You are apparently unaware that the Sig P220 is one of the more accurate factory .45's. I've had the same one for the past fifteen years and nothing comes close to it as far as reliability and accuracy except my other P220 SAO. My only complaint is I don't like picking up the casings and I'll pick up .45 until it's split clean down the middle. My guess at why the 227 the double stack .45 failed was because of grip design. They need to stop designing guns for men with fairy hands. If you don't have big hands you don't need a forty-five.
You are ignoring over 100 years of historical effective use on all of Africa’s mega fauna.

Hawkeyestax: you can’t go wrong with any of the mid-bores so name your candy and enjoy the selection. Another case of more is better. I love all my mid-bores especially my 9.3x62. Much as I hate to offend Bob my Whelen doesn’t get out as much as it used to since I got the 9.3. Can’t say one is better than the other but I do have an affinity for Mannlicher stocks.

Hawkeyestax: you can’t go wrong with any of the mid-bores so name your candy and enjoy the selection. Another case of more is better. I love all my mid-bores especially my 9.3x62. Much as I hate to offend Bob my Whelen doesn’t get out as much as it used to since I got the 9.3. Can’t say one is better than the other but I do have an affinity for Mannlicher stocks.

Thank you!
I totally hear ya!

Mannlicher stocks are absolutely beautiful.

Hawk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv88forex

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?