Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

The Santa Fe DA said (I forget which interview), that she was taught a firearm should be treated like a live rattlesnake. Then she said any criminal charges being filed hinge on finding out how the live round got in the gun. There serms to be a contradiction in those two statements, IMO, but maybe I'm mistaken.

The DA and the Sheriff both appear to be taken with giving interviews on national television, btw. I guess it's the nature of the beast.

A few years back I believe at a AZ old west shootout reenactment one of the participants was found to have real cartridges in their gun. Seems like someone was shot but don't think killed. The issue of private property firearms being brought to the show that could have live ammo in them then not being replaced with blanks opened the door to a bad happening.
It seems like a three person checking every firearm for blanks protocol was instituted.
A single six revolver doesn't expose all chambers at once so think it would add to the possibility of missing a cartridge still in the cylinder.
No matter how the DA or other decide the case with one dead there is no good outcome.

The one way to avoid situation like this is to have the armourer load the weapon/prop gun in the presence of the actor who is to use it showing him the empty chambers and the number of provably/obvious blank cartridges immediatly before the particular scene was shot returning the weapon/prop gun to the armourer immediatly after the scene to be cleared and stored unless the scene is to be re-shot in which case the procedure is repeated.

When Hutchyns was shot she said something about her stomach and the round was found in the director's shoulder. What kind of trajectory would cause that if the gun was fired by a normal sized person? Was she standing and the director sitting behind her? In the photos of the crime scene there were no cranes for cameras to be elevated. Hmm. Strange things happening.

From what I can gather the scene was that he was sitting in a church pew and cross drawing pointing forward. If the scene was that he was going to shoot the preacher or someone standing in front of him then the angle would indeed be an upward shot. So the director would be on one of those chairs attached to the camera, much like a barber's chair that can go up and down. If she was elevated then her stomach would be / could be in line with the wounded person's shoulder.

Also we know how bullets can deflect when passing through a body... Remember the "magic bullet" the struck JFK ;) ;)

Sorry for the deceased’s family. Baldwin, that piece of wet elephant crap, was out shopping at a luxury outlet yesterday.

The one way to avoid situation like this is to have the armourer load the weapon/prop gun in the presence of the actor who is to use it showing him the empty chambers and the number of provably/obvious blank cartridges immediatly before the particular scene was shot returning the weapon/prop gun to the armourer immediatly after the scene to be cleared and stored unless the scene is to be re-shot in which case the procedure is repeated.

The sad thing is it really is that simple. Just goes to show how incompetent some can be.

Alec Baldwin is a used douchebag piece of sh*t! He has no remorse for what he did, prime example is that he was out shopping like nothing happened.

We are giving this a$$hole way too much credit. We here are competent gun owners, and know exactly what to do with a loaded or unloaded firearm. These Hollywood a$$holes think they do, but in actuality have no clue of what is the first rule of gun safety. Whomever is in charge of the guns in the set should know better, and the person holding/shooting the gun should know better as well. The sad thing about all this, is that this a$$hole Baldwin will walk, and probably continue to make millions of Dollars using the same firearms he claims we shouldn't have.

Alec Baldwin is a used douchebag piece of sh*t! He has no remorse for what he did, prime example is that he was out shopping like nothing happened.

We are giving this a$$hole way too much credit. We here are competent gun owners, and know exactly what to do with a loaded or unloaded firearm. These Hollywood a$$holes think they do, but in actuality have no clue of what is the first rule of gun safety. Whomever is in charge of the guns in the set should know better, and the person holding/shooting the gun should know better as well. The sad thing about all this, is that this a$$hole Baldwin will walk, and probably continue to make millions of Dollars using the same firearms he claims we shouldn't have.
Amen!!! Especially the part about Baldwin being a "used douchebag"

From what I can gather the scene was that he was sitting in a church pew and cross drawing pointing forward. If the scene was that he was going to shoot the preacher or someone standing in front of him then the angle would indeed be an upward shot. So the director would be on one of those chairs attached to the camera, much like a barber's chair that can go up and down. If she was elevated then her stomach would be / could be in line with the wounded person's shoulder.

Also we know how bullets can deflect when passing through a body... Remember the "magic bullet" the struck JFK ;) ;)
So this adds a possibility that Lee Harvey Oswald fired the shot from a window!
I was talking with a few people last night about this and one of them had very little experience with firearms, hadn’t handled one since young and even she said her father had made her verify the condition of the firearm before she took it from him. This was a woman that hadn’t held a gun in at least 30 years that remembers this simple lesson. When I hunt in a group whether it is 4 of us on a quail rig in south Texas or a PH and myself, before my gun goes into a case, rack or handed to a tracker i verbally announce the weapon clear and hold it open for everyone to verify. Not only is this a safe practice it is courtesy in the field that everyone in the party deserves.

Yeah according to the official version he was the only gunman and the bullet took a 90 degree turn inside JFK's body... obviously wasn't using the correct meplat for straight line penetration ;)

It really should be common sense even to the uneducated that a gun is dangerous and should always be treated as loaded. Just imagine if it was law that a person had to point their firearm at their own body and pull the trigger everytime they handled it. I bet you $1 0000000000 that they sure as hell would make sure it was empty first... same should apply to pointing it at anyone else.

It’s really mind boggling that these actors are not put through safety training before being allowed to handle firearms, blanks or not.

Not all the actors are untrained. So, lets not generalise:

Besides Keanu Reeves, i am sure there are others who are well trained and responsible.

While that would work in this case. Movie armourers spend hours preparing the guns for a gunfight, especially when full auto weapons are used. It takes a long time to load all those magazines, so they do it before.
However most armorers are probably a little more professional.

What Americans have the CIA assassinated in Mexico City? Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Sometimes, I think you intentionally conflate things, because this is an absurd counter-example

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deo

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.