Alaskan Lady that loves to hunt and fish

Welcome to AH! We look forward to you sharing your stories!

Sorry I'm just seeing this now, but welcome to AH nonetheless!

G’day from Australia

welcome to the website! I find it to be a great source of information. and there are lots of Alaska people on this forum so Alaska hunting has talked about a lot. I myself have hunted Africa and Alaska, but more so Alaska. my father owns a place in Anchorage so i go up several times a year.

Greetings AK Huntress,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I live in Alaska as well (Los Anchorage).:ROFLMAO:

Reading between the lines I think you’ve already selected a safari company for your pending trip to Africa next year.
So, I won’t try to divert you from your plan.

Upon returning, please do post a hunt report and photos.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Hello everyone,
I am AK Huntress. I live in Alaska and LOVE hunting and fishing. I get out as much as possible. My main rifle I use here is a Tikka 30-06. I love fishing and spend as much time on the water as possible in the summers. I'm super excited to go hunting in Africa next year. Having a hard time deciding on what species to target because I want to hunt them all. Hoping that joining this forum will help me narrow it down a bit.
I'm excited to be here and learn everything I can.
Hi,

If you are into hunting traditional Africa. Zimbavwe we have a lot to offer. One thing that reall helps in planning a hunt and experience for you is how many days do you have to be in country. We like to see that 10 days are allocated to hunting 4 days are required fir transportation. My wife guides some of the hunts for other hunts we use gree lance PHs.

Lon

Hello everyone,
I am AK Huntress. I live in Alaska and LOVE hunting and fishing. I get out as much as possible. My main rifle I use here is a Tikka 30-06. I love fishing and spend as much time on the water as possible in the summers. I'm super excited to go hunting in Africa next year. Having a hard time deciding on what species to target because I want to hunt them all. Hoping that joining this forum will help me narrow it down a bit.
I'm excited to be here and learn everything I can.
Welcome to AH.

As for your safari, I would start with a 10-day package that included no more than 7 PG animals. Traveling from AK to anywhere in Africa is a haul so you need to make it count. I say no more than 7 animals because I think it's important to have some down time to relax and take in some sights. Or indulge in another passion of yours and go fishing for a day.

As for what specific animals...that is for you to decide. I will say that my wife and I absolutely love one trophy above all others, the zebra rug. We have been walking on it every day for four years now with no signs of wear or hair slip. Close second would be the kudu my wife took and had Euro mounted above her chair.

Your Tikka 30-06 will be perfect for all PG with premium bullets (Barnes TSX, Swift A-Frame & Norma Oryx) and proper shot placement. Make sure you do a lot of practice off sticks.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PearlineHa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text (503) 724-8373. Email bhr324@gmail.com
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?