African Themed Coasters

Have not tried the wildebeest or blesbok. I'll get to work on drawing those ones up.

Sent you an email with a European plaque order, if you're to short on time with the upcoming Aoudad hunt it can wait until June. Look forward to your report, are you hunting with an outfitter? I'd like to make a freerange Aoudad hunt next year myself.

No, I hunt on a family members land. I've been trying to make it down there once a year. If you've never been, I highly recommend it. Much underrated species. I usually average about 7-10 aoudad in a week. That only because I have to help with overpopulation on a ranch that's managed for deer. I personally only like to shoot one or two over 28" and help my buddies connect on at least one trophy class animal. My job- hunt exotics and hogs and guide any newbies . Tough work , I know.

No, I hunt on a family members land. I've been trying to make it down there once a year. If you've never been, I highly recommend it. Much underrated species. I usually average about 7-10 aoudad in a week. That only because I have to help with overpopulation on a ranch that's managed for deer. I personally only like to shoot one or two over 28" and help my buddies connect on at least one trophy class animal. My job- hunt exotics and hogs and guide any newbies . Tough work , I know.
Let me know if you ever run short of "buddies", I could always fill in If needed. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Newest members of the African coaster family. I get lots of guys that come in to my shop asking what animals these all are. Don't think I'll have to explain it to this group. (Unless I'm really off). Thanks again for all the support. The next round goes in the mail this week. Then it's all Aoudad business for this guy. Lookout Texas here I come.
image.jpeg

Can't wait to get them. Good luck in Tx!

Nice additions!

Sweet! Looking forward to getting them. Good luck in TX, and hope you get the big one. :D

Very nice....I will be putting in an order when I return from my upcoming Safari

Jody,

Received the coaster, and they are fantastic! My wife loves them, and doesn't like the idea of putting something on them. So, they may end up being displayed. Thanks again! (y)

Everybody that sees my coasters loves them! Jody makes great items! I urge everyone here to give him a shout if there is something you want!

Thanks CAustin, the response has been overwhelming. Like I said before I set out with one goal in mind, to add a zebra to my next trip. I can almost see the chess piece mount in the game room now.
PS. since I began preparing for an upcoming aoudad hunt I've cut out the booze and even worse the ice cream. So Put a cold one on one of those coasters for me.

I will Jody! Will also call you with another order!

My 2 sets are fantastic! Had to quiz my son and wife on the animal names :)

Folks I have purchased three sets of these and a large custom cut out of Africa from Jody. Everything he has done for me turned out great! People come in my home and see the coasters and want to know if I brought them back from Africa.

I bought two sets for myself and one for my parents. Jody even made new designs at my request- nyala and waterbuck. They all turned out great. And I really like contributing to someone else's safari.

Every AH member should buy a set or two!

Thanks guys, glad you like them. Adding new designs is always fun. Several people have the only one I ever cut.
I Would have never dreamed they would have done so well. I set out hoping I could make enough to add a zebra to my trip this summer, I'm getting dangerously close to that now. If all goes well and the hunting gods favor me, there may be a steenbok in my near future
( If I add any larger critters to the list the wife just might shoot me.)
As I get closer to July I'm starting to see kudus dancing in my head.

What a great feeling, and that is awesome that you are getting close to that Zebra. I can't wait to see pictures of your trophies and read your hunting report. :)

I think you should add every animal you made a coaster for to your list! :A Banana::A Big Hello:

@Jody speaking of zebra.... have you designed a zebra coaster yet? Now that would look cool! Might have to place a second order! ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardLob

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.