Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Saw these at scheels the other day. I suppose it is possible that this black buck came from Africa but more likely Texas, India, Pakistan, Argentina and a couple others, but Africa seems the least likely.
Then I saw the duiker, which may have some dik dik in its lineage from a rambunctious uncle somewhere down the line but my guess is just an employee didn’t know the difference and to them it was just a little African antelope.
But the African eland has me stymied!
IMG_0010.jpeg
IMG_0011.jpeg
IMG_0009.jpeg

That has to be the ugliest Eland I have ever seen, looks like runt of the litter as well. Not a big fan of lacquer on the horns either.

Saw these at scheels the other day. I suppose it is possible that this black buck came from Africa but more likely Texas, India, Pakistan, Argentina and a couple others, but Africa seems the least likely.
Then I saw the duiker, which may have some dik dik in its lineage from a rambunctious uncle somewhere down the line but my guess is just an employee didn’t know the difference and to them it was just a little African antelope.
But the African eland has me stymied!View attachment 622739View attachment 622740View attachment 622741
Yeah, the last time I was in Africa I hunted hard for one of those African black bucks. Never saw one though. Don't know why. I always thought my dik-dik was a duiker. Learn something new every day, but that really is a nice "eland." ;-).

That was fun. Thanks for the chuckle!

Could finish the tiny ten much quicker if duikers were dik diks. Kinda like that free square in the middle of a bingo card. Just kill a duiker and call it whatever you need at the time!

At least the taxidermy is well done.

They could have had something like this on display and had it labeled "Africa" as well. If the goal here was to give a bear a "come hither look," then the taxidermist succeeded beyond widest expectation.

1722354280752.png

this is fit for "on a lighter note!!" LOL i once heard a guy from NOLA, hunting the TX hill country say...."I didn't even know what a Ma-Floon was (and he went on and on)...it was a riot listening to him! Perhaps the animals have gotten the species reassignment green card memo from the Disney school of nature?

Haha, blasphemy on AH forum, where members are on the highest level of education of african bioduversity!

Amazing how many folks don't realize there are antelope in other continents aside from Africa. The eland is a truly impressive screw up.

And along these lines I noticed there is a Lord Derby eland labeled common eland in the Cabela's in Dundee Michigan. I'm guessing it's been like that for the better part of 20 years or more.

Last edited:
Incredible isn't it. I guarantee every employee including the supervisors and the boss have finger tip access to trillions of dollars worth of technology and information-- a cell phone or lap top or desk top and spend countless hours daily on each but are too lazy or arrogant to do a simple search to correctly ID and label the mounts.

Don't know, don't care, don't care to know ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Easytime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?
gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.