Greenland hunt

You have to get on the Greenlandair website.
I'm $2800 all in from Grand Junction Colorado to Denmark then kangerlussuaq.
$1800 was the Greenland air flight with layover in Nuuk on the way there and actually 2 stops to get back to Denmark.
I'm leaving here February 25th 2025
So you are doing the hardcore, cold weather version of a Greenland hunt. Good luck!

Another option is I may wait until January as the DSC convention is in Atlanta. Close to me.

Have not decided yet. Spoke to ATA hunting consultants have one option there. Waiting on Phenoix Phil to get back to me. Jacques has a French partner in Greenland….
Let us know what he comes back with.

Flights.google.com for me.

So you are doing the hardcore, cold weather version of a Greenland hunt. Good luck!
It’s the only hunt I have seen where the guide list “ energy pills “ to the supply list
Must be one tough MFer of a hunt

Sun protection high factor

• Mosquito spray + head cover net

• Energy pills to give you extra power for the trip

• Rifle + 20 shells

• Binoculars

• Hunting knife

• Flashlight/headlamp

• String 20 meter

Let us know what he comes back with.
He’s the one who has an outfit for 10k combo hunt. August/September hunt. Tents just one hunter in camp. Caribou clothing provided if needed.

Just the flight from Atlanta to Denmark is currently $1500. Expedia or orbitz don’t t have any info on Denmark to Nuuk let alone to get kangerlussaq
There is a direct flight from Copenhagen to Kangerlussuaq. You shouldn't need to go to Nuuk unless you are flying at a point in time where they no longer are servicing Kangerlussuaq via direct flights from CPH.

There is a direct flight from Copenhagen to Kangerlussuaq. You shouldn't need to go to Nuuk unless you are flying at a point in time where they no longer are servicing Kangerlussuaq via direct flights from CPH.
Once I know what I’m doing I’ll call air Greenland. I’m being told you now need to go to Nuuk from members here.

It is my understanding that the hardcore one is the Autumn helicopter hunt. The cold weather one, you can snowmobile until you find the animals and then sled them out. The only real hardcore part is the cold, which I would have to admit is likely quite brutal.

That said, the helicopter hunt is for a camp without a quad or snowmobile and no generator in camp either. Plus, you are walking on thawed tundra, which is harder going that frozen tundra due to the ground being so spongy. It is still somewhat cold, but not the brutality of the Greenland winter.

Hardcore weather vs hardcore physical work, so I guess they are both hardcore, just different.

It is my understanding that the hardcore one is the Autumn helicopter hunt. The cold weather one, you can snowmobile until you find the animals and then sled them out. The only real hardcore part is the cold, which I would have to admit is likely quite brutal.

That said, the helicopter hunt is for a camp without a quad or snowmobile and no generator in camp either. Plus, you are walking on thawed tundra, which is harder going that frozen tundra due to the ground being so spongy. It is still somewhat cold, but not the brutality of the Greenland winter.

Hardcore weather vs hardcore physical work, so I guess they are both hardcore, just different.
My plan is the fall hunt. September/ early October. I hope there will be someone from Greenland at DSC next year. It’s being held in Atlanta which is less than an hour drive for me I plan on attending.

Have you considered the Nunavut option?
No last time I was in Canada was a nightmare. 40 year old misdemeanor here. They wanted to send me back. Luckily I got in. They are ridiculous honestly.

I booked a combo caribou/muskox hunt through an outfitter on BookYourHunt who had great reviews (booked about 15 months ago). I'm leaving on October 16, so I just booked my flights. On the outfitter's recommendation, I'm flying with a layover in Copenhagen (on United)....then on with Greenland Air into Kangerlussuaq.. Flight was around $1,800.

Hey JB, it's been a while my friend. Hope all is well. Good luck with the planning of this to be wonderful hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamisonHug

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?
gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.