9.3x62mm vs. .375 H&H Mag

Pardon me but this looks like calibre creep in the opposite direction. I have read countless posts and been told countless times that a 375H&H is preferred by PH's over a 400_ cal as shooters cannot handle the recoil of a 400+ calibre.
Do PH now start recommending that people bring a 9.3X62 or 35 Whelen if they cant handle the recoil of a 375H&H/Ruger.
So which is it????
Not getting emotional just want some rational though by all.

Now for those who cant handle the 375 and shoot badly did you or any of your mates see if those same people could shoot with a 9.3 or a 308 or a 243? Genuine question, because if you did not how do you know they are just shit shots?
With enough practice, nearly anyone can learn to shoot a 375H&H. The problem is those learning how to can't START with a 375H&H, they need to have shot all the lower calibers like 22lr, 270WIN, 30-06, 300WM...etc before stepping up. Working up in caliber slowly with lots of dry fire practice will instill the proper technique and habits so that when they move to a mid-bore like the 375H&H...they are properly prepared.

Also, as the caliber goes up, gun fit becomes more important and a lot of hunters only realize this too late.

I can't stand those videos of a young woman, who has never shot before, being given a 12 bore with a 3.5" turkey load.

There are thousands of ways to develop a flinch or become a "shit shot". Only a few proper ways to prevent it and still move up in caliber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrodieHeyw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe