500 Jeffery Club

It's already sold mate, I know cause I missed out on buying it by just a couple of days. Good news is I just ordered a 500 Jeffery barrel and bolt head for my Blaser Kilombero, should be in my hands next week (y)
I asked that guy the LOP, he wasn't sure but .. did have a buyer from Australia.
I was pleased to hear possible someone here got it, regardless, congrats on the 500 set up .. it's a breed apart.

Brand new shiny 500 Jeffery barrel arrived today along with a 500J bolt head, mag insert and a Blaser RD20 red dot. The Kilombero stock is with my gunsmith having a new recoil pad fitted, hoping to have it back tomorrow and all assembled ready for a range session on the weekend.

1724835225460.jpeg

Brand new shiny 500 Jeffery barrel arrived today along with a 500J bolt head, mag insert and a Blaser RD20 red dot. The Kilombero stock is with my gunsmith having a new recoil pad fitted, hoping to have it back tomorrow and all assembled ready for a range session on the weekend.

View attachment 629957
It's been 2yrs since I've shot it, laid up, out of shape, weak, weary. Recent practice, control, measure & focus with the 500 brought back some motivation & a positive outlook.

Very nice. As my 80 year old neighbor who was in the infantry in Vietnam likes to say "As long as most days above the dirt beat days in the dirt, you're doin Ok"

Looks to me like he’s standing too upright and getting rocked back more than necessary. His head is whipping back badly.

Looks to me like he’s standing too upright and getting rocked back more than necessary. His head is whipping back badly.
This is a novice question, but necessary. Do these RMR window sights mount on the "bridge" at the breech face end?
Thank you.

I personally prefer to lean forward a little more but his form and technique looks fine to me. Given he is shooting a sako 85 which are extremely light for the 500 Jeffery cartridge he is actually doing very well, as well as reloading quickly while staying on the shoulder (y)

I think he did just fine. I shoot my 500 Jeffery the same way I do my 270 Win. Feels right and works.
I agree, I haven't practiced speed. "just the cost in practice" i will cradle it to make a direct hit?
but idk much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane399897

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]