.308 rifle recommendations?

Not a .308 (.30-06) but it might be worth reaching out to this user to see if he ever sold his rifle. He posted it for sale a couple months ago:

The nice thing about the detachable mag 85s is that you don't actually need to remove them to reload or top off the mag. You can top load through the action just like any internal mag rifle.
this i really like.

Here is new Sako S100.
Based on first field test, seams interesting. Changeable barrels, scope mount on the barrel.
They will be in market competition with sauer 404.
It has classic look, a bit modernised.

What i dont fancy is lack of mechanical sights (especially for DG), lack of calibers above 375 HH, and tool box compartment on stock. (I am afraid to loose the cap in the field)

Btw:
What they say in the video: if the bullet stays longer in barrel it will shoot higher? Is that true? I thought barrel harmonics has something to do with it?

Here is video, field test in Africa, including buffalo.

I think my problem with the S100 is the price…

The cheapest I found one online (a 308) was 5900 euro ($6257 US dollars)…

If I want a switch barrel rifle, for that amount of money I can own a Blaser R8 and almost have enough left over to purchase a second barrel…

What they say in the video: if the bullet stays longer in barrel it will shoot higher? Is that true? I thought barrel harmonics has something to do with it?
Barrel harmonics do have something to do with it. So does the time the bullet spends in the barrel while the rifle is recoiling. It can be very obvious when you shoot different loads through a handgun.

With that price, they cannot compete with blaser r8 (pardon the blasphemy :ROFLMAO: )
The price doubled for changable barrels (without DG calibers) + deckocking, safety system.
realistic price would be 3, 3.5k.

In the same time, sako 85 is around 2k, on 6 action lenghts.

If I want a switch barrel rifle, for that amount of money I can own a Blaser R8 and almost have enough left over to purchase a second barrel…
I see 4890 euro with the wooden stock. Carbon is more. Finnish pricing is usually higher than US. Must be the taxation or something with market volumes. Or both.

Not sure if you're still looking @Rubi_300 but this Sako Bavarian Carbine just came up on Gunbroker. Don't know the seller but he has a decent number of transactions on there. Rifle is Unfired and in the original box. $2,400 is a good price for NIB Bavarian Carbines right now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.30.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.30.51 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.30.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.30.52 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.30.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.30.54 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
For the guy who initiates the post!!!
Friend, if I lives where you live, I makes a very trusty and suitable rifle using a 98 Mauser action and a good barrel, with a handmaid walnut stock...
But, if you asking only of a factory rifle, a CZ lux... or Zastava stutzen rifle, are my favourites...
About the hogs and the coyotes... (there are no coyotes here but feral dogs are a lot) the 308 are a great deal, you shure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeramyHead

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!