.22 rifle

Doing the same here,but I think I’m going in a different direction than I originally planned.
Most likely buying a Kidd 10/22.
Not a big fan of semi auto’s normally,but .22’s are ok.

Doing the same here,but I think I’m going in a different direction than I originally planned.
Most likely buying a Kidd 10/22.
Not a big fan of semi auto’s normally,but .22’s are ok.
It will be one of the most accurate 22 you can buy. The one I had would stack 10 rounds in 2"s @ 200 yards. That was in winds over 15mph.

If you want precision, get an Anschutz. Then a Tikka, CZ, or maybe a Ruger American.

If you are fine with 2-3 MOA, then a Ruger 10/22 is a whole lot of fun!

Fun is a CZ-457 22lr. smacking steel at 200 yrds and shooting NRL-22 precision match stages clean!
10F2F5DA-6601-4C23-B672-1D1073A53750_1_201_a.jpeg

All right I pulled the trigger and ordered a tikka tx1 with 20” bbl today, I signed up last week for in stock notifications from a few company’s and got a notice for in stock yesterday, waited an hour or so discussed purchase with my accountant/banker , and got the go ahead, went to order and they were out already, started my search all over again and found a couple at really high prices (not biting at these), finally decided to go with euro optic and placed my money down on a back order, talked to Luke there ( was great to do business with), now the wait begins, thinking of a leupold freedom 2-7 scope on it, still figuring out which ring height to get. I appreciate all the response to my original question.

Food for thought:
If you have an optic with repeatable turrets you can easily jump to different distances with the 22.
For instance - my T1X is zeroed at about 60 Yards (actually about 1" high at 50, same as my centerfires).
I shoot at 110, 165, and 225 Yards almost every session - all from the sticks.

My default turret setting is at 1.5 Mil (5.4 MOA) for where I place a 6" swinger at 110 Yards.

The club's steel gong at 165-ish is 3.8 Mils (13 MOA) - or I can just hold on the 2 Mil/reticle hashmark from the default setting.

225 Yards (also a 8" swinger at a 200 M berm) are 6.6 mils up (22.7 MOA) and very doable (and fun from the sticks), with my standard practice ammo (Federal AutoMatch).

I can even go to 325 Yards, (12Mils/41MOA) but really need true match ammo for that distance.

I had a Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 F1 that was not being used and it works for me. It's bigger than what I hunt with, but the weight brings the T1X up to the same as my T3Xs. Balance is different, but that hardly matters shooting off the sticks. I also added a 20 MOA rail to simplify the scope mounting.

Having the 4x14 NF along also means I seldom need to break out a spotting scope.

Tikka T1X NF 4x14-50 F1 (1).jpg

It started with the 17 thread then this thread made me think harder how much I dislike the 10 round T1X clip. I found 5 round clips at EuroOptic and ordered one. They are a Tikka part. This should have been the magazine it came with. The fit and look is much better, fed perfectly.
E6A727F3-E1AD-41BB-A979-9F2A6457BC59.jpeg
32127EDB-C1CE-4426-A579-624CDAFBADF5.jpeg
2B28DC5E-8079-40A8-9E42-B75381B0A740.jpeg

The flush mount magazine does look good. But I guess the 10 round mag makes sense to me. I like to shoot an 8 round string of 22 after each centerfire.

All right I am looking at getting another .22 for plinking, practice, and small game hunting, I currently have a model 39m by marlin, and a mossberg model 42a I believe, it is with a mossberg scope, I have been eyeballing a tikka t3 in .22lr, I am wondering if anybody on here has one and do you like it? Is there another model I should look at instead? I would have to order it as no one anywhere near me carrries them, any good sources?
Any anschutz bolt rifle, action 54 or 64

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 7.02.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 7.02.20 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a follow up, got a call from eurooptic a couple of thursdays ago, said my tikka was in and going out that day, followed its progress with the tracking app, watched it sit in Ohio for the weekend, then it was on the move again, watched it hit my local ups center then out for delivery, called the gun store late in the day to see if it was in, they said nope, looked at tracker again back at facility with delivery the next day, looked again in the morning expecting to see out for delivrey, instead it stated processing, looked the next day same thing, next day same thing, did their online chat and they checked the number, now I have a lost package claim, called eurooptic and there looking into it through their contact, I feel like a kid going to buy candy at the candy store and there all out of candy. So basically still don’t have my tikka t1x.

Hope it shows up soon.
I’ve got 2 tikka .22s - love those things, super accurate - I shoot mine out to 100 and 200 yards. Europtic has the trijicon tenmile scopes on sale for $730 or so, super setup for plinking

Thanks me too, I got a good deal on a vortex 2-7 so I picked that up to put on it, this will mostly be for hunting and plinking.

@Ravensview - It's frustrating to electronically watch it show up via tracking...then POOF...it's gone. I hope your shipping troubles get sorted out with a good outcome for you.

We picked up a 22lr kit for our Blaser R8 rifles from Top Dog Guns Global in AZ. Van at Top Dog had the barrel threaded 1/2x28 before he sent it to me. It's a great training tool (as discussed by @One Day...) for us and keeps the cost of range time down by using cheaper ammo. Here it is mounted in a Professional stock with a fixed 6x Leupold scope.
1661685706231.png

@BeeMaa, that is a handy looking setup, I remember reading about your R8 setup on a previous post, that and a couple of other posts are what got me thinking about adding a higher end .22 into my practice and small game hunting. So in a way thanks

I like my Weatherby Beretta Mark XXII, a little and trim gun made in the late '60s...
It' really like a down sized Weatherby, and it's a pleasure to shot

I think it has all been said

what a tribute to the humble little.22LR

a hunting round, a target round and a practice round

I have several as I run a .22LR range

I can’t really advise, but here are mine and the reasons given

Cz 452 - cheap and 2 MOA accuracy out to 150 yards

Cz 455 - switch barrel so versatile

Vudoo V 22 - competition rifle that gives me a 5” group at 400 yards

R8 - DG practice, off hand red dot practice

all are used for Rabbiting

all require real knowledge and practice

I get through 3000 rounds per month

@BeeMaa, that is a handy looking setup, I remember reading about your R8 setup on a previous post, that and a couple of other posts are what got me thinking about adding a higher end .22 into my practice and small game hunting. So in a way thanks
What I have found is that there are a lot of 22lr rifles out there that are not built for a full sized adult. The Blaser R8 makes the switch seamless and has the EXACT same rifle fit and trigger. This goes a long way when it comes to scaling up or down for practice. I'm not telling you to make the wholesale change and go the R8 way like I did, but you should have something that is at least close to the same fit as your regular hunting rifle.

EDIT - For those that do not know...we completely revamped our entire gun collection about 3 years ago. Sold all of our other bolt action and semi-auto hunting rifles and went all in on the Blaser R8 system. It was one of the best firearm decisions we've made and neither of us have any regrets. Outside of maybe buying a few more calibers when the price was cheaper. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CallumVine

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with