What To Take In The Field

An old thread but it seems most carry the same basics. Needed or not if it makes you comfortable carry a few things that might come in handy.

I like the idea of some handy knives or pocket sharpeners for the trackers and Skinner's.

Never count on someone else having a knife. If your wearing pants you should be carrying a knife.

What about the times we’re hunting without pants?

What about the times we’re hunting without pants?
emoji51.png
1661906712286.png

Just read all of this, some interesting stuff. Form me it would be three things aside from rifle, ammo and bins.
1 my knife. Yeah I here some say you don’t need it. But it’s my good luck charm so it’s comin.
2 water. Sure I here it’s in the wagon but not much use to you there eh.
3 and this one I’ve not seen.
Hand sanitizer! unscented. My wife put me onto this. Sure it sounds fairly unmatcho. But having the squirts isnt fun. Before you eat add a dose of this on your hands and happy days. They come in a small bottle that’s weights stuff all. So you can stick it in your pocket.

Just read all of this, some interesting stuff. Form me it would be three things aside from rifle, ammo and bins.
1 my knife. Yeah I here some say you don’t need it. But it’s my good luck charm so it’s comin.
2 water. Sure I here it’s in the wagon but not much use to you there eh.
3 and this one I’ve not seen.
Hand sanitizer! unscented. My wife put me onto this. Sure it sounds fairly unmatcho. But having the squirts isnt fun. Before you eat add a dose of this on your hands and happy days. They come in a small bottle that’s weights stuff all. So you can stick it in your pocket.

Not sure what putting hand sanitiser on your hands before you eat is going to do.....OK sorts out if you have wiped your ass and didn't wash properly.....but it ain't going to make sweet fkall difference if something bad in the food....which is more likely what will give you the shits.... :E Shrug:.....and have eaten so many times without washing my hands when they weren't exactly spotless....and using my fingers ... so.....:E Head Scratch:

Last edited:
Not sure what putting hand sanitiser on your hands before you eat is going to do.....OK sorts out if you have wiped your ass and didn't wash properly.....but it ain't going to make sweet fkall difference if something bad in the food....which is more likely what will give you the shits.... :E Shrug:.....and have eaten so many times without washing my hands when they weren't exactly spotless....and using my fingers ... so.....:E Head Scratch:
Each to their own. But if you travel long enough you pick up on certain things. It’s one reason behind why certain cultures eat with one hand, wipe ass with other? Sure it won’t stop the brown hose :Vomit::Yuck:from coming if the bug is in your food, but it will certainly stop person to person contamination. And in places where water is in short supply happy days!
I’ve watched stomach bugs pass through paxs because they simply forgot to wash hands. Our delicate Western stomachs are no match for some Enviroments.

Last edited:
I see this is a 2015 thread, but here is my 2c

I use to be a gear junkie until I got tired of carrying extra weight that I never used. Now, I only carry weapon, ammo and binoculars. The guide has the rest and if he's missing something I might want, I'll bring it in the vehicle. Less is more these day.

If I had to pick one thing I always carry it's a eye glass cloth in a little bag to wipe my glasses down when they get sweat or finger prints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EstebanO84

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!