US sanctions Zimbabwe president Emmerson Mnangagwa over human rights abuses

Phillip, where I read what Lon posted was you have to show all of your brass. Equal what you brought in. Do they actually write it down
Your ammunition count is written on your temporary license. A point some keep missing "you see missing brass", they see missing cartridges.

We just completed a 5hr drive from Mlibizi to destination X. We drove past a very large hunting concession. In recent years it was heavily poached by their employees. The reason why they had not got paid. Where did they get the ammo mostly from sympathetic hunters. Maybe that is why they are checking the ammo count in certain areas. Maybe it is because of the importance of who owns that concession.
A box of legal .375 H&H sells for about $400.00 a box. A game ranger can make a lot of money off a free box of ammo. If he had to pay for it, it would make a big dent in his profit off of bush meat, ivory and bones.

Lon

I would be interested to hear more on this. I had a strange situation in Harare this summer coming home. They actually freaked out over the EMPTY brass. I had the remainder of my loaded ammo and I had some of my brass, mostly from my double because it has extractors so I stuck them in my pocket then put them back in the box with the ammo. When we checked back in at the airport to leave the freaked out and kept saying they had to "verify" and then did a bunch of fake texting and calling. I told them to just keep it, but they continued carrying on and jabbering with each other and texting people. Finally they said they were going to keep the brass. Ha ha. I was like sure whatever man. I brought the rest of my loaded.ammo home, but they kept like 6 or 8 empty 470 nitro brass?
Probably were still working on their personal cartridge wall collection...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.