Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Benefactor
Hunted
Limpopo, Kalahari, Zimbabwe, Canada, USA
This may have been well deserved but it may not be good for Americans going to Zimbabwe...

"US sanctions Zimbabwe president Emmerson Mnangagwa over human rights abuses

Story by FATIMA HUSSEIN, Associated Press

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...nangagwa-over-human-rights-abuses/ar-BB1jju89

WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States on Monday sanctioned Zimbabwe’s President Emmerson Mnangagwa, its first lady and other government officials for their alleged involvement in corruption and human rights abuses.

The Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control imposed sanctions on three entities and 11 people, including the Mnangagwas, Vice President Constantino Chiwenga and retired Brig. Gen. Walter Tapfumaneyi.

Mnnangagwa is accused of protecting gold and diamond smugglers who operate in Zimbabwe, directing government officials to facilitate the sale of gold and diamonds in illicit markets and taking bribes in exchange for his services, among other offenses.

President Joe Biden also Monday signed an executive order that terminates Zimbabwe's national emergency and revokes Zimbabwe-specific sanctions. Now, the administration is using a Trump-era executive order that implements the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act as its authority to issue the sanctions.

Treasury Deputy Secretary Wally Adeyemo said the changes to Zimbabwe’s sanctions regime “are intended to make clear what has always been true: our sanctions are not intended to target the people of Zimbabwe.”

“Today we are refocusing our sanctions on clear and specific targets: President Mnangagwa’s criminal network of government officials and businesspeople who are most responsible for corruption or human rights abuse against the people of Zimbabwe.”

Zimbabwe’s government spokesman Nick Mangwana tweeted in response to the sanctions that “as long as senior leadership is under sanctions, we are all under sanctions. And as long as members of Corporate Zimbabwe are under Sanctions, we are under Sanctions.”

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said in a statement that the designations “are part of a stronger, more targeted sanctions policy towards Zimbabwe the United States is implementing.”

“Key individuals, including members of the Government of Zimbabwe, bear responsibility for these actions, including the looting of government coffers that robs Zimbabweans of public resources," he said.

Mnangagwa was sworn in for a second term as Zimbabwe's president last September."

___

Not a surprise that an African country is corrupt.....but surprised that the current US Administration is the moral watchdog of The World................I guess "The Big Guy" didn't get his 10% from Zim..............FWB

Not a surprise that an African country is corrupt.....but surprised that the current US Administration is the moral watchdog of The World................I guess "The Big Guy" didn't get his 10% from Zim..............FWB

When I was in Zimbabwe in 2021 I was told that Zimbabwe was wanting their economy based on the U.S. Dollar.

As for corruption Biden and his comrade cronies don't like the competition. Especially since the competition has no intention of paying off Biden.

It's a shame the American taxpayers can't sanction Bidin and his comrade cronies for the same offenses.

This will have no effect on consumptive or non consumptive tourism.

It will also have no effect on Mnangagwa, or any other individual in Zimbabwe.

The arms embargo does have a major effect on people in the hunting/guiding industry. Many hunters find it inconvenient to bring their own rifles and ammunition. Riifles and ammunition are almost irreplaceable. One box of .375 H&H sell for $400.00 when I can find it. We add our 20%. Client pays $480.00.

Lon

Typical US politicians. Sticking their nose in every situation in every country. Driving African nations towards China is not a wise strategy.

But hey it’s about what makes them feel good. Look at us. We care about poor Africans.

In most cases they achieve the opposite of the intention.

Biden Regime worried about corruption :LOL:

Lon, to enable someone to leave loaded ammo with a PH

could a guy carry empty brass in checked baggage. So he has empty brass on the return trip.
No just leave it there. No ammo on the way home is easier anyway

If I’m not mistaken, the US sanctioned Zim and Mugabe specifically while he was President. The tourism sector never skipped a beat.

The arms embargo does have a major effect on people in the hunting/guiding industry. Many hunters find it inconvenient to bring their own rifles and ammunition.
This is really embarrassing.
We has to take care that our customs believed that our journey ended in RSA.
Check out weapons in JNB, booking an Airlink flight to HRE…
A little bit more complex than necessary but it worked out…

Total diversionary crap from admin. This is right out of BHO’s play book. SOP Ongoing International policy train wreck. Wait for it………….. somehow Trump will get blamed for this also ;)

Phillip, where I read what Lon posted was you have to show all of your brass. Equal what you brought in. Do they actually write it down

Last edited:
This may have been well deserved but it may not be good for Americans going to Zimbabwe...

"US sanctions Zimbabwe president Emmerson Mnangagwa over human rights abuses

Story by FATIMA HUSSEIN, Associated Press

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...nangagwa-over-human-rights-abuses/ar-BB1jju89

WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States on Monday sanctioned Zimbabwe’s President Emmerson Mnangagwa, its first lady and other government officials for their alleged involvement in corruption and human rights abuses.

The Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control imposed sanctions on three entities and 11 people, including the Mnangagwas, Vice President Constantino Chiwenga and retired Brig. Gen. Walter Tapfumaneyi.

Mnnangagwa is accused of protecting gold and diamond smugglers who operate in Zimbabwe, directing government officials to facilitate the sale of gold and diamonds in illicit markets and taking bribes in exchange for his services, among other offenses.

President Joe Biden also Monday signed an executive order that terminates Zimbabwe's national emergency and revokes Zimbabwe-specific sanctions. Now, the administration is using a Trump-era executive order that implements the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act as its authority to issue the sanctions.

Treasury Deputy Secretary Wally Adeyemo said the changes to Zimbabwe’s sanctions regime “are intended to make clear what has always been true: our sanctions are not intended to target the people of Zimbabwe.”

“Today we are refocusing our sanctions on clear and specific targets: President Mnangagwa’s criminal network of government officials and businesspeople who are most responsible for corruption or human rights abuse against the people of Zimbabwe.”

Zimbabwe’s government spokesman Nick Mangwana tweeted in response to the sanctions that “as long as senior leadership is under sanctions, we are all under sanctions. And as long as members of Corporate Zimbabwe are under Sanctions, we are under Sanctions.”

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said in a statement that the designations “are part of a stronger, more targeted sanctions policy towards Zimbabwe the United States is implementing.”

“Key individuals, including members of the Government of Zimbabwe, bear responsibility for these actions, including the looting of government coffers that robs Zimbabweans of public resources," he said.

Mnangagwa was sworn in for a second term as Zimbabwe's president last September."

___
Great…going first of next month

Phillip, where I read what Lon posted was you have to show all of your brass. Equal what you brought in. Do they actually write it down

I have never had that happen, and I always shoot all my ammo when on a hunt in Africa. Never have any to bring back home.

I have never had that happen, and I always shoot all my ammo when on a hunt in Africa. Never have any to bring back home.

I have had them check, but missing brass has never been an issue.

It is on your temporary import license.
I am saying if you come into the country with 80 rounds of loaded .375 H&H leave with the same number of loaded and unloaded brass. The firearms section of customs in Vic Falls has been checking all of our clients over the 3 years.

I am sure if you loose a box or two or even all of your brass. Your PH being the wonderful guy that he is can find you replacement. Remember in Zim your firearm ammunition license is TEMPORARY.

Phil Glass may just say leave it, if that is what you want to do, then by all means do it. I have no idea what is taking place at Harare or Bulawayo.

Remember it only takes on person o the other side of the counter to ruin your day or even trip.

Lon

Beautiful country! No clue what Brandon/Blinken are up to and neither do they. They couldn’t care less about human rights in Zim or anywhere else. A reminder that voting has consequences. Easy to understand- simply study BHO policies for historical reference.

My recommendation for upcoming trip and planning? … follow lead and recommendations, in real time, from your Zim PH/outfitter and be flexible.

As the US has such a near perfect track record of well-tailored and strategically crafted sanctions, I am confident this administration too will find much success with this endeavor.

1709653629639.png

When the US interferes in the bigger or more "important" countries, the State owned Media in the USA gives us a blitz of mis-info and false flag BS to pave the way, get the typical American solidly behind it. Not so for Africa.......just a moral pounding of the chest is good enough. I think most US interference world wide has been harmful......mostly to Americans. ......."Americans are very susceptable to propaganda"........Eric Prince (you should know who he is, you paid him well)..........FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielDalz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.