Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 6.43.51 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That was very well done.

Good to see them giving a voice to locals instead of just the opinions of people living thousands of miles away.

This was very well done. I hope some of the nay-sayers get to see it, and that it opens their minds just a little. Thanks for posting.

Very well done. Though passed it to a friend of mine that is anti-hunting. He said he was able to watch only a few minutes of it and still thinks the animals should be left alone and not be hunted. Still doesn't understand that if wildlife is not monetized then it will not exist.

He said he was able to watch only a few minutes of it
Did you ask him why he was "able to watch only a few minutes"?

Because like a lot of anti-hunters he is close minded. Most are forming their opinions based on emotions. A lot harder to use logic to sway their thinking. Needless to say he is not coming on a Safari with me. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, so he CHOSE to not watch it. I get so annoyed with people like that. I question them pretty hard. If you're going to have an opinion, shouldn't it be an informed one? How can anyone have an opinion on something they are ignorant of?
Does he oppose all hunting? Or just trophy? Or just in Africa?

Excellent video, hopefully it will be shared a bit on social media, so lots of people get to see it.

Does he oppose all hunting? Or just trophy? Or just in Africa?
All hunting. His comment about the video was that it and those similar to it were developed to rationalize the atrocity of hunters.

I usually ignore his comments about hunting.

@VertigoBE I think it was a good video, and I'd love for a bunch of anti hunters to watch it. Social media may be a great idea, but then again, how many are going to be like @Tanks friend? A lot of them have their minds made up and will refuse to educate themselves. Still worth a try though, especially for anyone on the fence.
@Tanks does your friend eat meat?

Thanks for posting this. I watched the whole thing and it provided the basis for a blog post today.

I watched this with some trepidation. The Economist - a magazine I once respected - has turned into a rag - but I was gobsmacked by this. Well done and sensible.

I note, though, that they seem to see hunting as a temporary expedient until new forms of conservation are found. So good, but not all good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellieSout

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg