Mispronounced gun names

Here's my list of mispronounced gun names. Can you think of any others? :)

- Smithin Weston
- Aero Percussion
- Sig Saucer
- Wing Chester
- Holler & Holler
- Rugby
- Mossenberger
- Rockin Rivers
- LewJer
- Bushmeister
- Merlin
- Normal (Norma)
- Bursta
- Walters
- Ramington
- Husker Varny
It appears to be Southernese!

Swarovski, pronounced Svar-Off-Ski (Svar-Off-Skee ?) has already been done here by Muskox and Fixfire.
Nonetheless, I figure some might smile at the way a friend of mine, (now deceased) used to pronounce Swarovski —>
“Sah-Vors-Kee” .
There is humor in that.

Anyway, my all time favorite mispronounced / misspelled firearm name is by far the distortion of the names of cartridges designed by and firearms built by the excellent and long standing WJ Jeffery Company.
I always chuckle when I see or hear, “Jefferies”, sometimes “Jeffries”, (as in caliber .404 “Jefferies”, .500 “Jeffries” etc.) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Are you guys typing how they should be said or how they’re being said wrong? I feel there’s a mix in this thread.

Swarovski, pronounced Svar-Off-Ski (Svar-Off-Skee ?) has already been done here by Muskox and Fixfire.
Nonetheless, I figure some might smile at the way a friend of mine, (now deceased) used to pronounce Swarovski —>
“Sah-Vors-Kee” .
There is humor in that.

Anyway, my all time favorite mispronounced / misspelled firearm name is by far the distortion of the names of cartridges designed by and firearms built by the excellent and long standing WJ Jeffery Company.
I always chuckle when I see or hear, “Jefferies”, sometimes “Jeffries”, (as in caliber .404 “Jefferies”, .500 “Jeffries” etc.) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Reminds me of a dear friend who calls a charcuterie board a "car-choot-ery" board. :)

“Sah-Vors-Kee” .
There is humor in that.

My uncle says Zeece for Zeiss.

Years ago, Swarovski had some hunting videos made on VHS tape. The gun writer that went with them at the time was saying something similar to Sah-Vors-Kee.

I have owned a VHS in 10 years. I have no idea who it was.

- Smithin Weston
- Aero Percussion
- Sig Saucer
- Wing Chester
- Holler & Holler
- Rugby
- Mossenberger
- Rockin Rivers
- LewJer
- Bushmeister
- Merlin
- Normal (Norma)
- Bursta
- Walters
- Ramington
- Husker Varny
@cash_tx : What Hunting “Social Circle” do you travel in? I’ve never heard anyone mispronounce those names….Not even “Drunk” ! (And I worked in a Bar)..

Brügger & Thomet (B&T)
Blaser

I've heard pronunciation variations of a few of the less common/vintage calibers we sell. I usually end up learning something interesting when we get them in.. 338 Blaser Mag was the latest of super niche.

Attachments

• 61Hz6ndhiwL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    61Hz6ndhiwL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 10

- Smithin Weston
- Aero Percussion
- Sig Saucer
- Wing Chester
- Holler & Holler
- Rugby
- Mossenberger
- Rockin Rivers
- LewJer
- Bushmeister
- Merlin
- Normal (Norma)
- Bursta
- Walters
- Ramington
- Husker Varny
Heckle and Kotch
Zig Sour
LeO pold

So is it lea-pold or lew-pold or lewa-pold?

Living close to their headquarters/factory and meeting a few people that have worked for them, you would think I would know...but I have heard all three pronunciations over the years by people that should know...
Back when I used to sell wholesale sporting goods, I was assured by factory reps that Leopold is pronounced the way it's spelled. That would be "Lew-pold."

Back when I used to sell wholesale sporting goods, I was assured by factory reps that Leopold is pronounced the way it's spelled. That would be "Lew-pold."
@Doug Hamilton
If'n that's the case do I hunt lion or lew- ons.
This is based on the fact the lions are called Leo the lion
Just wondering.
Bob

@Doug Hamilton
Just wondering.
Bob
Yeah Bob, I know, you can shoot all the Lew-ons you want with your .243.

Just pulling your leg my friend.
Doug

@Doug Hamilton
Just wondering.
Bob
Now I see your point! Autocorrect changed Leupold to Leopold. I wish I knew how to turn the damn thing off! Your forgiven. You can use your .35 Whelen to shoot lee-ons if you want.

Doug

Now I see your point! Autocorrect changed Leupold to Leopold. I wish I knew how to turn the damn thing off! Your forgiven. You can use your .35 Whelen to shoot lee-ons if you want.

Doug
@Doug Hamilton
Auto correct pisses me off no end
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manojsharma

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)