Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
rolex-ad-rhino.jpg
rolex-rhino-ad.jpg
rolex-black-rhino-ad.jpg
rolex-purdey-ad.jpg

Looks like a Submariner as well. Never leave home without it!

I'll stick to my Breitling :)

In the first ad: "Guaranteed to a depth of 165 ft."

These days that is what the Swiss/German/Japanese watch industry rates their "dress watches, for the office" at. For outdoors activities they now offer watches with 6 times that rating.

Technology has certainly improved since those adverts and those watches were new.

Most I have spent on a watch is $1200 bucks for the one I wear now, best time keeper I have owned. Its called a MIDO Ocean Star Diver, Swiss watch, automatic Chronometer rated, good for nearly 2000'.
My older brother bought a Rolex many years ago when it was still less than a grand, still has it.

I have a Rolex. It is an Air King that was passed down from my father in law. Beautiful watch that keeps crappy time. That said, even though it has been rebuilt more than once, the watch dates from 1955 making it a couple of years older than me. We all get a little slower as we age. :)

In the first ad: "Guaranteed to a depth of 165 ft."

These days that is what the Swiss/German/Japanese watch industry rates their "dress watches, for the office" at. For outdoors activities they now offer watches with 6 times that rating.

Technology has certainly improved since those adverts and those watches were new.
The sealing technology might, but the movement technology is still very old school. Besides, my 1970's Submariner does awfully well in all conditions I have ever faced. Then again, I don't swim below 165 ft as much as some may. :E Angel:

Rolex went on to make further technical advances that rendered the Submariner waterproof to a depth of 200 metres (660 feet) in 1954, and 300 metres (1,000 feet) in 1989. The version with date, introduced in 1969, would be waterproof to a depth of 300 metres (1,000 feet) by 1979.

Date Just:

WATER RESISTANCE
Waterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet

I'm with John Candy on this. I'll wear my quartz analog Casio when I need to, not worry about it and not look back. Oh and I don't wear bling :)

I'm with John Candy on this. I'll wear my quartz analog Casio when I need to, not worry about it and not look back. Oh and I don't wear bling :)
I WOULD like to be wearing my Citizen Eco Drive if I ever get it back from their Georgia repair facility. They've had it since July 26!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.