Rolex Ad - If You Hunted Big Game The World Over You'd Wear A Rolex

Remember John Cameron Swayze? "Timex. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking".

The famous ice cube test and only fifteen bucks!

I just looked at the US Inflation Calculator. That $15 Timex, say in 1957, would be about $157 now. Kind of high for a Timex back then? But, like with many things with fewer choices available to the consumer back in the day, companies were able to get higher prices for their products.

I dealt in high-end watches for several years, not necessarily to make a lot of money, but rather for fun and games. Finally, realized the folly of it all. One can purchase a very nice watch for what it costs to have a Rolex serviced. Trust me folks, there is nothing special about Rolex watches, Patek maybe, but otherwise forget it. I know that Rolex watches can bring stupid prices. Several years ago on Antique Road Show, a Vietnam vet showed up with a Daytona that he had purchased during his tour of duty there. Never really had worn it, and had everything including sales receipt. Appraised at 500-750K.
Get real. But then, as I have noted some fools recently paid $2million for Brady rookie cards. Go figure. Hey - about Louis Vitton gun cases!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannBristo

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)