Old firearms ad

$120 for a brand new Spanish 10 gauge side by side shotgun.
$28 for a brand new .30-06 Springfield Enfield Model 1917,

It’s a real shame that I was still in diapers in the early 1950s. Otherwise, all this could have been mine.
Were the diapers even invented in 50s ? :giggle:

Were the diapers even invented in 50s ? :giggle:
I "think" they were cloth diapers.
Won't say how I "might have" come to that conclusion. :ROFLMAO:
I am hoping some of those questionable baby pictures are no longer around.o_O:eek::ROFLMAO:

No such problems here. None of my relatives could have fronted the money to us. Great-grandad had been deceased for about 50 years. Grandad lost almost everything during the Great Depression. Hard work had brought him back to solvency, but there was not much money for frivolous purchases. I did have one "rich uncle" who could have helped, but his wealth wouldn't arrive until the mid-1960s. Maybe we could stop off in 1965 and borrow money from him before proceeding on to 1950?

Dad actually sold a gun during the time-frame of this advertisement; a German Luger that he'd brought back from the war. I think that he got around $50 for it; try buying one for that now. People forget that there were still rough spots after the war, and the economic recovery was nowhere near steady, with some lean times sprinkled amongst the good. He always regretted selling it, but with the needs of a growing family, it made sense to him at the time.

With the itinerary I have in mind to gather the funds for this project we should be okay.

Oh and we'll need to acquire a couple of big game guns for African safaris circa mid to late 1800's. After all why just focus on Klien's ad when we can include a little side trip before returning to present day.:unsure::cool::A Thumbs Up:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeraldAshc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?