FINALLY!!!

Good luck!
I have flown IAH Doha JNB
It's a long flight but Houston is a breeze on return compared to Atlanta or Newark if you have guns. Houston barley checked my 4457s this last trip. Breezed right thru on return.
Enjoy your trip

Ohare didn’t check anything on the way back, just checked gun to the next airline. They didn’t check the 4457 in Harare on the way out as well.

Gracy is very good to work with-one suggestion on clothing is to take alittle more than you think you need and leave some there after your safari. Somebody will be glad to have your left overs.

Gracy is very good to work with-one suggestion on clothing is to take alittle more than you think you need and leave some there after your safari. Somebody will be glad to have your left overs.
For the locals or for other hunters?

From what I've seen, it would take about 3 native dudes to fill out my 2XL. :E Shrug:

For the locals or for other hunters?

From what I've seen, it would take about 3 native dudes to fill out my 2XL. :E Shrug:
They'll fit the women.
a-outta.gif

You and I same size-there was a skinner where I hunted that never got “hand me down “ clothes from hunters. He was happy to get mine-
I could leave some shirts, but my pants are 38x38. ;)

Congrats! can't wait to read the report!

-you and I, same size. But I didn’t leave kuiu pants behind. It was just a suggestion, not a requirement. Hats, gloves, sweatshirts etc, all easy to leave for someone else. Where I hunted the trackers had been supplied good boots and coats and had better knives than I did. Your ph might have suggestions for “tips” in addition to money. I don’t think anyone wants Dallas cowboy t shirts anymore tho :ROFLMAO:

-you and I, same size. But I didn’t leave kuiu pants behind. It was just a suggestion, not a requirement. Hats, gloves, sweatshirts etc, all easy to leave for someone else. Where I hunted the trackers had been supplied good boots and coats and had better knives than I did. Your ph might have suggestions for “tips” in addition to money. I don’t think anyone wants Dallas cowboy t shirts anymore tho :ROFLMAO:
That's good. I've had a visceral hate for the Cowboys since the 70s.

I take sewing kits and buttons and ribbon for the women and hard candy for every one. the men small flash lights especially the one that have strobe lights and a lot of battery's socks and a couple fleece long sleeve pull overs

@Firebird
My son follows the Dull Arse Cowboys in the NFL. There's no accounting fir taste. The Packers is a better team.
Bob

Finally got the replacement stock from Boyd's. Still doesn't fit. :mad:

So I took it to Gordy & Son's near downtown Houston. The gunsmith talked me into bedding it instead of cross-bolt/recoil lug in the tiny piece of wood in front of the trigger, where the OEM stock actually cracked. He told me he could fix the original, and I was like...it's a dried up piece of Turkish walnut, and it's too short anyway. The juice ain't worth the squeeze. Also said the flitz I put in the rails was enough polishing, that all I needed was to get the high spot on the extractor taken off. All right, sold. Should have it back by Christmas or so.

Finding myself approaching the point of being in a pickle

1. My 9.3x62 has been in the shop since October for stock work and a bit of metal work on the extractor; I'm expecting it back soon, but who knows.
  2. My 404J has a nice load with Hornady bonded DGX, but they're as hard to find as A Frames
  3. My 280 AI has 2 nice loads, 160 A Frame (see point the 2nd) and 175 gr Partition (also see point the 2nd)
  4. my 45-70 is ready to rock. I have about 30 or so 425 gr loads in the cartridge box, another 50 of those bullets in the box waiting to be loaded; and about 40 525 gr in the cartridge box.
As much as I like my 45-70 and can shoot it well, and i think it would be more than adequate for shooting conditions in Limpopo, that isn't the gun I want to bring.

Finding myself approaching the point of being in a pickle

1. My 9.3x62 has been in the shop since October for stock work and a bit of metal work on the extractor; I'm expecting it back soon, but who knows.
  2. My 404J has a nice load with Hornady bonded DGX, but they're as hard to find as A Frames
  3. My 280 AI has 2 nice loads, 160 A Frame (see point the 2nd) and 175 gr Partition (also see point the 2nd)
  4. my 45-70 is ready to rock. I have about 30 or so 425 gr loads in the cartridge box, another 50 of those bullets in the box waiting to be loaded; and about 40 525 gr in the cartridge box.
As much as I like my 45-70 and can shoot it well, and i think it would be more than adequate for shooting conditions in Limpopo, that isn't the gun I want to bring.

Keep working all of the first 3 points.. one of them will work out... The 4457 and rifle permit application can still wait a few months if youre not hunting until August.. I'd guess one of those items will come together with time to spare..

Or..

you could just go buy yourself a new rifle in a new caliber (maybe something pretty in 300 H&H or 375 H&H?)... and start fresh!

:A Stirring::A Stirring::A Stirring:

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix19312

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.