FINALLY!!!

I agree, I would spread it apart ever so slightly and force epoxy in the crack and then epoxy in a cross bolt (drill first before epoxying the crack) and tighten it tightly I bet it would work great. is the recoil lug epoxied and does the tang have clearance also
because of the cutouts for the receiver, the recoil lug will have to be mounted about 6" in front of where the crack is. I'm not sure how much help that would be. Definitely cannot put the lug where the crack is, there just isn't enough wood.

1695777417281.png

Have a pic from the top side to gauge how much wood is there?

If nothing else you may be able to epoxy the crack then whittle out a channel to drop a pice of all thread into which would then be epoxied into place. Or, run an 1/8"- 3/16" brass pin or piece of brass screw or all thread epoxied in all the way through the stock.

because of the cutouts for the receiver, the recoil lug will have to be mounted about 6" in front of where the crack is. I'm not sure how much help that would be. Definitely cannot put the lug where the crack is, there just isn't enough wood.

View attachment 559939
what is that just in front of the trigger screw?

Have a pic from the top side to gauge how much wood is there?

If nothing else you may be able to epoxy the crack then whittle out a channel to drop a pice of all thread into which would then be epoxied into place. Or, run an 1/8"- 3/16" brass pin or piece of brass screw or all thread epoxied in all the way through the stock.

That notch is for the front of the trigger assembly

Media

A question on foot gear.

I have a nice pair of heavy-soled Merrills and a pair of vibram-soled Justin lacers. The lacers aren't great hiking boots, they're kinda heavy. But they have 10" heavy leather uppers.

My issue on finding boots is I wear 13B or 14A. I'd like to get a pair of Courtneys, but I imagine they'll flop around on my feet like my under armour slides.
Courtney s are fine if you get the right fit.
I purchased 2 pair in the same size different model and the fit varied.

That notch is for the front of the trigger assembly

View attachment 559992

Is there enough wood for a .198" hole for this crossbolt?

It also looks like that piece of the trigger may be touching the stock.

Here's a video by Larry Potterfield showing the different concepts of crossbolts and a rod through a remington stock.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 8.11.15 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 8.11.15 AM.png
    624.6 KB · Views: 33
Is there enough wood for a .198" hole for this crossbolt?

It also looks like that piece of the trigger may be touching the stock.

Here's a video by Larry Potterfield showing the different concepts of crossbolts and a rod through a remington stock.

I measure 0.280"

Perfectly centered, that gives me 0.041" above and below.

Perhaps per Remington's method, a piece of all-thread at 0.1" or a little larger. That would give me pretty close to 0.09" clearance top and bottom.

I measure 0.280"

Perfectly centered, that gives me 0.041" above and below.

Perhaps per Remington's method, a piece of all-thread at 0.1" or a little larger. That would give me pretty close to 0.09" clearance top and bottom.

The all thread through the stock or dropped into a slot would probably be the better way to go. Perhaps with the new Timney you'll have more wiggle room and could build up the spot a little to add strength.

Anyways it can't hurt to try. The worst that can happen is you still have a broken stock.

Congrats on your first safari. My first was with Limcroma as well, great people and you'll love every minunte. Hannes' brother help me get my kudu after hunting hard for one for 3 days. If you get the opportunity, I wouldn't pass on a trophy kudu.

Congrats on your first safari. My first was with Limcroma as well, great people and you'll love every minunte. Hannes' brother help me get my kudu after hunting hard for one for 3 days. If you get the opportunity, I wouldn't pass on a trophy kudu.
Concur Kudu is fun and damn near mandatory

Just got our flight booked through Gracy, Qatar through Doha was the best deal.

Just got our flight booked through Gracy, Qatar through Doha was the best deal.
It is a long transit. Very long, 41 hours back from Zim through Doha to Chicago, then home state . Book a hotel or sleep n fly pods well ahead of time if you have a long layover

It is a long transit. Very long, 41 hours back from Zim through Doha to Chicago, then home state . Book a hotel or sleep n fly pods well ahead of time if you have a long layover
IAH -> Doha -> JNB and back the same way. We live about an 45-60 minutes from IAH, depending on traffic.

Better add more time for IAH road construction.
wheels up currently scheduled for 6:20P on Saturday 17 August. I imagine we'll be pulling out of the driveway in Richmond around 2P at the latest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraOcam

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.