Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
Booked my first hunt - RSA with @Limcroma Safaris for August of 2024.

Dan and Hannes have been very helpful.

Congratulations!! :A Big Hello:

IDK what's wrong with all of the enablers we have here...only took me 6 years to pull the trigger and finally go. ;)

IDK what's wrong with all of the enablers we have here...only took me 6 years to pull the trigger and finally go. ;)
6 years to pull the trigger on the first but after that you have the next 6 years of back to back Africa hunts to plan out....:cool:

WOOHOO! You will have a blast. What's your choice of rifle(s)?

WOOHOO! You will have a blast. What's your choice of rifle(s)?
Bringing my 9.3x62, maybe my 6.5x55 for the smaller ones. I know I don't really need it, but it's a fun gun to shoot.

blue wildebeest, gemsbok, impala, warthog, and blesbok are what I'm after.

Woot - your dreams are now spoken for.
The 9.3 & 6.5 will make a great combination, IMO.

Congrats on getting your first safari booked. Sounds like you have a good list of animals you want to hunt. Enjoy the next 12 months of planning and getting your gear in order, that is an enjoyable part of the experience for me.

Hannes and Dan will take good care of you.

Congrats!

Noooo, don’t go ! You’ll end up as an addict… Just like me.

Image1691113292.789943.jpg

And addictions are expensive! :D

Congratulations your first trip is one of those experiences that you can hear others talk about but once you are there you will totally understand. Enjoy the planning on getting there and back. Enjoy every second. I am sure the group of enablers here will assist in planning your second trip also. Your choice of rifles will work perfectly. Also you might want to consider having your outfitter take you out for some of the small night predators.

Have a great time. You will be planning your next trip before you get home. Oh, and the 9.3 is the perfect rifle to bring. I suspect that the 6.5 will see very little if any use.

Everyone needs to get out of that humidity sometime!

A question on foot gear.

I have a nice pair of heavy-soled Merrills and a pair of vibram-soled Justin lacers. The lacers aren't great hiking boots, they're kinda heavy. But they have 10" heavy leather uppers.

My issue on finding boots is I wear 13B or 14A. I'd like to get a pair of Courtneys, but I imagine they'll flop around on my feet like my under armour slides.

I used Lowa's on my trip. They worked well for me as an all around boot. Would not be as comfortable in the mountains, the souls are a little soft for that, IMHO. A good boot that you can walk for miles in comfortably and you are good to go.

The rabbit hole now, your trip is planned and you have to control your mind from buying all the new gear you " think you need".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanceas

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.