Are You A Member of SCI?

Life member since 08. My favorite organization I've ever been apart of. Been on local chapter board running socila media and helping with events truly love SCI, and at the convention you meet the most like minded friendly hunters from all around the world.

Question to outfitters:

So, I don't have an SCI chapter in my vicinity (country), and I dont have English speaking chapter in my vicinity of neighboring countries, which is the primary reason why I am not a member of SCI (yet).

I am not opposed to any type of membership including life membership.

I would love to attend SCI annual conventions in the states as a member, but it is a bit too far, like 5000 miles away. I can hardly squeeze some spare time for African safari, every year or two. This option to attend conventions, I have to disregard.

Maybe I got it wrong in this way of thinking, so I went to check the SCI membership options, which I will attach below.

Based on all that is said and given below, so far, and without attending convention, an overseas member is getting a newspaper and magazine. ( i dont hunt for inch of horn, so record book entry does not interest me)

In the same time I see that many of the outfitters and sponsors on the forum are SCI members.

This brings me to next question:

Question to outfitters and sponsors of the forum:

If you are an SCI member, are there any benefits for clients who are also SCI members?

If yes, what would be those benefits? I am closely following "DEALS and OFFERS" section on this forum, and I haven't seen any comments or special offers for SCI members as clients?

SCI.jpg

You don’t need a local chapter to join. I’ve been a member for many years and have never went to a chapter event but I do go to the national SCI Show. I’ve been to many chapter banquets for other organizations and after a while, they all feel the same.

Life Member

Yes but not a life member. If they would do an installment plan like the NRA did a few years ago I would do it in a heart beat. I re-up in 3 year increments as well as our state chapter in which I’m on the Board of Directors.
One offer that has been going for a couple years now is that with a life membership you get a free full convention pass. That is worth over $400 so a good incentive.lets go to Nashville!

I need to join, how to I find out about the military veterans life membership. Not found on their website.
Call the office and ask what the offers are at the moment.

Well if they ever offer one, they have 3 guys on this thread alone that would jump on it. :W Sub Machine Gun:
We we need y'all to jump on it anyway. Discounts are wonderful, and I mentioned the convention pass,but we are losing our hunting rights and must fight. It takes us all!

I am glad you asked this question.

I am not a member of SCI because:

1) We dont have SCI chapter in my country.
2) The closest English speaking SCI chapter, for me would be 2 hours by plane from me, SCI chapter UK

So, this brings me to next question:
Is there option for overseas members? How would that work? I would appreciate any advice.
You do NOT have to be a member of a chapter. There are many people in your situation. I am sorry you don't have one in your area. You could start one!
We would love to have you at the convention in Nashville where you can connect with many European SCI members.

Are y
Is there a list of local chapters, I did the search on their website and it just says nothing in this area. I searched the entire state of Florida with no results
Are you just browsing or are you wanting to sign up for membership? The reason I ask is that when you sign up it gives you the list to choose from if you would like to sign up as a chapter member as well.
Some information is for members only so you have to be logged in.
There are many chapters in FL.
IMG_0031.png

One offer that has been going for a couple years now is that with a life membership you get a free full convention pass. That is worth over $400 so a good incentive.lets go to Nashville!
This is true. I have two 4 day passes for next years convention! I had already booked for 24 controlled it to 2025.

Life member and don't belong to any chapter. The nearest chapter is 2 hours away. I also contribute monthly to the SCI Foundation.
Thanks

Apologies for this probably not being the best place to ask this but here goes...

Am I supposed to get a membership card or something? I joined up last fall but I think the website was in some kind of transition or something and something went goofy with my membership. I've been getting the magazine and safari times in the mail so I know they have my address correct. Under my profile on the website I have a membership number but if I go to my orders it still shows it as "processing" I paid for a membership to my local chapter as well when I signed up, but haven't heard anything from the local chapter.

I called and spoke with a nice gal over the phone back in early January and she said she was forwarding my case to IT but haven't heard any follow up from them or received anything in the mail. I was wanting to go to my local chapters yearly convention but ended up getting sent out of town for work so I haven't pursued further info on what's going on with my membership.

I don't know any one else locally who is a member so apologies again for asking here.
We used to get Membership cards but I don't think so anymore.
You will have to contact the local chapter for more information there. It should be readily available.

Thanks, I finally found it, I had to put a specific large city in there and the search engine worked. Is there a way to preview the local chapters to see which one would be a better fit to join?
I posted a pic of your state chapters

Life member since 08. My favorite organization I've ever been apart of. Been on local chapter board running socila media and helping with events truly love SCI, and at the convention you meet the most like minded friendly hunters from all around the world.
Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
writegenic.ai

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.