Are You A Member of SCI?

Absolutely. Like @ Hunt Anything, I too, renew in three year increments.

Just fired off an email to SCI suggesting a Veteran's Life Membership option. If there are others that think this is something they would sign up for if it became an option, send SCI an email and help make it happen.

I am glad you asked this question.

I am not a member of SCI because:

1) We dont have SCI chapter in my country.
2) The closest English speaking SCI chapter, for me would be 2 hours by plane from me, SCI chapter UK

So, this brings me to next question:
Is there option for overseas members? How would that work? I would appreciate any advice.
Yes, I am an international member since this year. Also no local chapters. There is the option to sign up as an international member.

How much is the Senior Life Membership and how old do you have to be to qualify as a senior?

How much is the Senior Life Membership and how old do you have to be to qualify as a senior?
60 and older receive a $250 discount off the standard $1,500 Life Membership.

Just joined for 3 years as an international member, thanks for the heads up.

Glad to hear they are taking on the elephant ivory import ban. Sustainable hunting and ivory poaching are completely different things. I’m convinced, though my first safari isn’t until September, that sustainable hunting in Africa does great things for conservation and anti-poaching. I know I’m preaching to the choir, but still.

I am glad you asked this question.

I am not a member of SCI because:

1) We dont have SCI chapter in my country.
2) The closest English speaking SCI chapter, for me would be 2 hours by plane from me, SCI chapter UK

So, this brings me to next question:
Is there option for overseas members? How would that work? I would appreciate any advice.
You can join. Simply go online to Safari Club International and join.

Is there a list of local chapters, I did the search on their website and it just says nothing in this area. I searched the entire state of Florida with no results
If you will shoot me a PM I will get you a list of Florida chapters. Looks like there are 7 of them.

Wait for the black 2024 Friday special for buying Senior Life Membership.

Life member and don't belong to any chapter. The nearest chapter is 2 hours away. I also contribute monthly to the SCI Foundation.

Yep, Politicians only respect numbers/votes and the more members organizations like SCI have, the more clout.

Apologies for this probably not being the best place to ask this but here goes...

Am I supposed to get a membership card or something? I joined up last fall but I think the website was in some kind of transition or something and something went goofy with my membership. I've been getting the magazine and safari times in the mail so I know they have my address correct. Under my profile on the website I have a membership number but if I go to my orders it still shows it as "processing" I paid for a membership to my local chapter as well when I signed up, but haven't heard anything from the local chapter.

I called and spoke with a nice gal over the phone back in early January and she said she was forwarding my case to IT but haven't heard any follow up from them or received anything in the mail. I was wanting to go to my local chapters yearly convention but ended up getting sent out of town for work so I haven't pursued further info on what's going on with my membership.

I don't know any one else locally who is a member so apologies again for asking here.

National and chapter member.

Apologies for this probably not being the best place to ask this but here goes...

Am I supposed to get a membership card or something? I joined up last fall but I think the website was in some kind of transition or something and something went goofy with my membership. I've been getting the magazine and safari times in the mail so I know they have my address correct. Under my profile on the website I have a membership number but if I go to my orders it still shows it as "processing" I paid for a membership to my local chapter as well when I signed up, but haven't heard anything from the local chapter.

I called and spoke with a nice gal over the phone back in early January and she said she was forwarding my case to IT but haven't heard any follow up from them or received anything in the mail. I was wanting to go to my local chapters yearly convention but ended up getting sent out of town for work so I haven't pursued further info on what's going on with my membership.

I don't know any one else locally who is a member so apologies again for asking here.

Don’t get in a big hurry, they are moving from Tucson to San Antonio and not everyone is making the move. New opening is June 29, and then they still have to catch up.

Yes, renew every three years because I don't know how long I'll and a Lifetime membership might be a waste of money. Unless they have a branch where I might be going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TorriKenne

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg