Allure of the Ruger No1

So we see 30 pics of a beautiful but overpriced custom No. 1 that shouldn’t exceed $2K on its best day. And yet no bids nor offers. Surprised? :rolleyes:
If it were a stock #1, you’d be right. However, it has been worked on by Renner. It might have come from the factory with a case color receiver, but these are scarce and command a premium. More likely, it was stripped and case colored by Renner when they did the upgrade work. The stock has obviously been thinned and the wood looks like it may have been upgraded as well. Regardless it’s not a standard #1. I’ve upgraded a couple myself and $3200 is not out of line.

If it were a stock #1, you’d be right. However, it has been worked on by Renner. It might have come from the factory with a case color receiver, but these are scarce and command a premium. More likely, it was stripped and case colored by Renner when they did the upgrade work. The stock has obviously been thinned and the wood looks like it may have been upgraded as well. Regardless it’s not a standard #1. I’ve upgraded a couple myself and $3200 is not out of line.
I had my RSM worked on, over $2k+ for shaping, ebony, recoil pad, checkering and finish; original wood. I thought it a bargain.

Calling a No 1 a production rifle is literally true but then so is a Sako, Blaser and many, many other fine rifles.

Hello everyone, new member, English is not my first language so apologise in advance. I have found myself really fascinated by the Ruger nr 1 and have purchased a used one in 270 win.

In Europe you have to remove a vital part from a weapon and put in a different checked bag when flying. With a bolt-rifle that is easy, but What would you suggest to do with regards to a nr 1?

Hello everyone, new member, English is not my first language so apologise in advance. I have found myself really fascinated by the Ruger nr 1 and have purchased a used one in 270 win.

In Europe you have to remove a vital part from a weapon and put in a different checked bag when flying. With a bolt-rifle that is easy, but What would you suggest to do with regards to a nr 1?
Welcome to AH! Great choice in cartridge with the .270. I’m sure one of the Ruger #1 experts here will give you an answer to your question shortly.

You’ll need to email the authorities and ask. I doubt that removing the scope will satisfy the requirement. The rifle can still be fired without the scope. Since there’s no bolt to remove, they may be ok with your gun be as is.

I never have heard of this. Probably the easiest would be the forend if that would pass muster; after that butt stock. Both would be very easy to disassemble/reassemble. 3rd, the trigger, that's pretty easy. After that I would consider moving to a sane country.

Let's try and keep things sensible. This is what Ruger No. 1 stopping rifle for Africa in 416 Jeffrey is supposed to look like:

1708627002666.png

The lion engraving on the receiver seals it.

Let's try and keep things sensible. This is what Ruger No. 1 stopping rifle for Africa in 416 Jeffrey is supposed to look like:

View attachment 588910

I can’t imagine any situation where I would be willing to shoot that rifle!!!

View attachment 588910

Sweet mother of eardrums! Are the trackers throwing water balloons filled with petrol at the lion and then you shoot this to deafen him and set him on fire?
That looks like an SBR in the States. I'm not up on the mother may I for taking that out of the country.

View attachment 588910

.416 Jeffrey? Necked up .404J or necked down .500J?

I can’t imagine any situation where I would be willing to shoot that rifle!!!
You Tube or Tik Tok? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theapollotattoostudio

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.