Allure of the Ruger No1

Yes. Vari-X II in 3x9. American rifles - American scopes.

my # 1 in 35 whelen, likes varget and sierra gk 225 sbt bullets. i have since put a 1.75-6 x leupold scope on it.

DSCN0112.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought number 6 Ruger No1 yesterday, an almost new in box 45-70, 1993 manufacture and fired 5 rounds on one trip to the range, then stored since.
Once I've picked it up it will get a strip down and internal clean and lube and a Leupold VX3 1.75x-6x fitted. I think (Know) I have a problem!!!
Cheers,
Mal the Kiwi.

Congrats @Kiwifire111

There has been some discussion about the possibility of a No. 1 event at WBB this year ;)

I bought number 6 Ruger No1 yesterday, an almost new in box 45-70, 1993 manufacture and fired 5 rounds on one trip to the range, then stored since.
Once I've picked it up it will get a strip down and internal clean and lube and a Leupold VX3 1.75x-6x fitted. I think (Know) I have a problem!!!
Cheers,
Mal the Kiwi.
A good problem though!

It seems like RJ Renner worked on this rifle. Not sure if it’s worth the asking price. Beautiful rifle.
You would be paying full price for both the rifle and the Renner package at that price, but if that was what someone thinking to do anyway, it would save the wait to have work done.....

Attachments

• 612566 – Used Guns.pdf
    485.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
Yoh! That is a handsome rifle.

I'm trying hard not to contact the seller for some more pics ... as doing so would make me a pesky, time wasting tyre-kicker.

:ROFLMAO:

I picked my new No1 on Friday, 45-70, 1992 manufacture and fired 5 rounds only! No 6 in the No1 collection.
Better pics tomorrow!!
Well done Mal.

What's the plan for No 7?

;)

So we see 30 pics of a beautiful but overpriced custom No. 1 that shouldn’t exceed $2K on its best day. And yet no bids nor offers. Surprised? :rolleyes:
I would agree that its priced a bit high but only a bit. That rifle $2000 would be seriously undervalued. It is a beautiful piece of work on a classic rifle!

No.1s prices are out of control for production rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneSorens

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.