Questions on London Gun Shops

Lots of great info in this thread. I had a last minute trip to London this week so hoping to check out a few more of these recommendations if I have time.

I stopped by Holland & Holland on my way to see Buckingham palace. They let me come in without an appointment, so not sure if this was luck or it’s not a strict policy. My Barbour vest and Courtney shoes probably didn’t fool them into thinking I was a serious customer but nonetheless they showed me a couple very nice pieces and were overall friendly.

Lots of great info in this thread. I had a last minute trip to London this week so hoping to check out a few more of these recommendations if I have time.

I stopped by Holland & Holland on my way to see Buckingham palace. They let me come in without an appointment, so not sure if this was luck or it’s not a strict policy. My Barbour vest and Courtney shoes probably didn’t fool them into thinking I was a serious customer but nonetheless they showed me a couple very nice pieces and were overall friendly.
I don’t think it is a strict policy, when I visited Beretta they invited me to pop into Holland & Holland next door, but I was pressed for time.
Tey to visit Westley Richards in Birmingham.

Tanks, That’s amazing that your 89 yr old mother, maybe 90 by now. Is still independent and has the desire to travel alone.

My grandmothers youngest brother Wally was about to leave for France alone at 93. He passed away just before that trip. He died the youngest of all the siblings. They all were in their late 90 or just over 100.

My great grandfather lived to a ripe old age also. At a time when 80 was old. I have some of his books. Many with four leaf clovers dried in them. I’m not sure if that means he was reading them laying in the grass and looking at the grass more than reading or what :LOL:

P.S. my wife just reminded me that Wally was taking his new girlfriend to France. He was to travel alone but changed the plans.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodiacvista

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone