Just an unbelievable Blue Wildebeest. This bull had quite a story and simply reminds us of how tough these animals are. This bull must have been wounded before as can be seen by the entrance hole where there is a lack of hair. On the opposite side, he had an infection which later proved to be a bullet. The most unbelievable part of the story is that if one draws a straight line, the bullet had to have gone through vitals.
One simply cannot ask for a better animal to take than this. Polished, worn down horns and no teeth. What an amazing animal.

IMG-20230919-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230919-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20230919-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20230919-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20230919-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20230919-WA0006.jpg

One of the animals that don't get enough recognition is the Warthog. We can tell so many stories of seeing monster pigs only to be advised that they are too "ugly." That is the entire point...
1f642.png
A big pig can be a challenging proposition and should be a serious consideration if they run across your path by chance.

IMG-20231112-WA0015.jpg

One of the animals that don't get enough recognition is the Warthog. We can tell so many stories of seeing monster pigs only to be advised that they are too "ugly." That is the entire point...
1f642.png
A big pig can be a challenging proposition and should be a serious consideration if they run across your path by chance.

View attachment 591025
Oh wow, he is a beast.

1f642.png

View attachment 591025
That's a fine example of a Warthog. They are one of the few things I was never able to sample at Dinner. How are they for Table fare?

That's a fine example of a Warthog. They are one of the few things I was never able to sample at Dinner. How are they for Table fare?
The old boars aren't great eating. I would say best use for them is either in a stew or turn them into a smoked cheese sausage. One of those two options can be very tasty.

This stallion was in amazing condition. We've had an enormous amount of rain which never gave the vegetation much time to change colour as can be seen here. This male almost had an extra shine to his coat.

IMG-20231114-WA0040.jpg

Impala is probably the animal on every hunter's list when visiting Africa for the first time. They are prolific breeders and can be found in large herds in most areas. A mature ram should be square at the top, unless it has a genetic issue. The surest way to identify a mature ram is at the basis of the horns. The basis should be compressed, dark and solid, without the appearance of a white to grey, flakey appearance.
This ram had the beautiful flaring shape, which is also a genetic trait for certain areas and quite sought after.

IMG-20231113-WA0029.jpg

1f642.png

View attachment 591025

Hey Marius, nice work - let's see if we can find this guy's twin brother (y)

Yep - definitely one on the list - they were too clever for me last time ;-(
Apologies. Thought that you were referring to the Impala.... :) I see that you are talking about the Warthog.

This Kudu bull carries his weight all the way to the top. He surprised us to the up side on the tape. Just shows again how much the thickness on the horns matter. Always eats the tape for an extra inch or three. Off course Boots, the Parson's Terrier had to photo bomb when there is a Kudu involved.

IMG-20231114-WA0017.jpg

Sometimes we only see the propped up photos, without paying thoughts to how the animal got to a nice clearing for a good photo. Themba is one of top guys in our organization. You will need to go a long way to find better eyes than him. Often its a simple mane sticking out from under brush, or a tip of a horn reflecting in the sun. This all being done while driving to a higher vantage point. A good PH/Tracker team is essential.

IMG-20230716-WA0047.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohitgupta

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg