www.huntsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, New Zealand, USA, Canada
The 2023 Season has kicked off with a bang. This is without a doubt the oldest Cape Bushbuck I have had the pleasure of hunting. Our motto is age over score always, and I think it could not been proven by a better example, although this old warrior was just short of 15" due to his incredible mass at the bases. He would not have made July.

IMG_8933.jpg
IMG20230225170546.jpg

Last edited:
What an awesome animal!

26 days! Can't wait to help add some pictures to this thread.
Boy do we have some photos! Will be adding them after we get caught up with the rest of the season. Almost retired me. ;)

Missed this ram earlier in the season on a previous safari. Thought to just have a peep around his bedding area from over a ridge. Found him standing looking at the truck parked around 900 yards away. Ranged at a mere 49 yards, we got our hunter into position.
Just love hunting these free range mountain areas.

IMG20230329134735.jpg

Beautiful deep curls on that kudu and very good mass. A great trophy!

Beautiful deep curls on that kudu and very good mass. A great trophy!
Thank you Dave. He was a monster in horn and body. Probably the biggest bodied bull we've ever taken.

We definitely have some great photos to add. I think I've finally recovered after all the hiking. My watch showed 50.1 miles in 10 days, but I am sure some of those steps were false readings from some of the rough roads we were on. Definitely not all of them though that is for sure. Still, those Eastern Cape/Stormberg mountains are no joke. We worked our tails off and it definitely paid off with 14 animals, all of which I think we're exceptional. Definitely won't forget this trip! This was my second trip with Marius and was another amazing hunting trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KermitBisb

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg