ZIMBABWE: Zimbabwe With Buzz Charlton

@Sourdough I really enjoyed sharing your safari with you! Excellent video. Have you given permission for it to be aired?

@Sourdough
Phil,
Thankyou very much for posting this video of your Nyakasanga hunt. It is very enjoyable viewing and prompted my own fond memories of Nyakasanga where I hunted in 2023.
I think you did as I do and just relax into the hunt so completely that tracking time becomes meaningless. I agree that the charm of Zim seeps into your blood and creates that longing to return. I doubt I'll ever tire of hunting the Zambezi Valley.
You took beautiful trophies and earned them all. Well done sir.
Thank you. And it sounds like we approach hunting in a very similar way. I just let the hunt happen, let Africa give me what it wants, and it seems like I’m always rewarded for that.

@Sourdough I really enjoyed sharing your safari with you! Excellent video. Have you given permission for it to be aired?
If you are talking about it going on YouTube I won’t do that because YouTube demonetizes anything hunting or firearm related, yet they surface ads so they can make money. If you mean something else please enlighten me. And thanks.

If you are talking about it going on YouTube I won’t do that because YouTube demonetizes anything hunting or firearm related, yet they surface ads so they can make money. If you mean something else please enlighten me. And thanks.
I won’t defend YouTube’s business practices but it is the easiest way to reach a large audience. Getting someone interested in a similar hunt or some good advertising for the outfitter is still a positive for hunting. You’ll notice the high quality videos in wild areas get hundreds of thousands of views approaching a million. It might make YouTube money but it’s also free advertising for hunting. If you don’t have privacy concerns.

No I meant programs like Tracks Across Africa or Hornady’s Dark and Dangerous.

No I meant programs like Tracks Across Africa or Hornady’s Dark and Dangerous.
Those would be fine. I believe the company that filmed my trip is associated with one or both. Initially when I booked the trip and filming I still had my company and couldn't jeopardize it with all the woke and anti-hunter assholes, so I specifically said no, and paid for the privilege to keep it private. Now that I've sold my company I don't care, I'm happy to throat punch the lot of them if any had the balls to meet me face to face, which of course they don't.

Watching this was 100 min well spent!
If you don't book a safari right after watching this, you must be a Bunny hugger....
Congratulations on magnificent animals taken especially Bushbuck, Kudu, Ele and Buff!
Thank you!

Boswell, the 70 pounder out of Mana Pools National Park
D9CD965A-696E-4487-AFEB-9718773BD732.jpeg

Great video and great safari. I’m heading to Nyakasanga next month and found your report and video very educational. Really getting excited!

Great video and great safari. I’m heading to Nyakasanga next month and found your report and video very educational. Really getting excited!
Have a fantastic time and hunt, I know you will!

I once had the same problem with ticket agent in US. I now carry a printed copy of TSA regulations, stating carry in checked luggage. Ticket agents confuse clothing being in the ammo box with locked ammo box inside locked suitcase. RSA law strictly prohibits ammo case being checked as a separate item.
Huh?

RSA REQUIRES the ammo case to be checked as a standalone piece of luggage when you fly inside RSA. I just came back last week

Ammo box inside duffel bag on Delta to//from RSA

Then ammo box REQUIRED to be checked standalone JNB to East London and back

Huh?

RSA REQUIRES the ammo case to be checked as a standalone piece of luggage when you fly inside RSA. I just came back last week

Ammo box inside duffel bag on Delta to//from RSA

Then ammo box REQUIRED to be checked standalone JNB to East London and back
At the time of the trip in question, several years ago, RSA required ammunition box to be in checked luggage. Was clearly stated in Henry Rifle Permits documents.

Delta agent in USA was "wigged out" over issue of rifle/ammunition. She called her supervisor and she also was unaware/untrained as to requirements for ammunition being sent from USA to RSA.

They required I ship my small plastic ammunition box as a separate piece of luggage.
TSA agent checking rifle at the airside xray/clearance locoation said that's not correct. But too late for me to do anything.

Delta's website now states that the ammunition box going from USA to RSA must be in checked luggage. No problems with Delta since that one time.

Jberg to Bots on Airlink requires that ammunition box be out of suitcase and checked as separate luggage- 4 times to Bots, just came back last week from Bots

Sourdough: Excellent quality on that video. Well done, both by you and by the videographer and editing staff.

Fabulous hunt and video. My favourite place in the world the Zambezi valley. If you or anyone else reading this ever in the same area there is a large island just downstream from the Kafue/Zambezi confluence. The tail end of that island; cast a nice lure into the water at the very tip. There be monsters there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CeciliaGri

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com