ZAMBIA: Leopard Bow Hunt With Dzombo Hunting Safari

The Kill Zone of a leopard is smaller and further back than a normal african animal. Before they cleaned the leopard I went through the vitals. The shoot hit the heart and lungs which would explain the short distance he went from the bait. I used a 2in mechanical blade for the leopard that has 4 blades. The yellow square is the area of lungs and heart.
IMG_7973.jpeg

Fantastic! Congratulations!!

We spent the rest of my trip hunting blinds for plains game. It was tough due to lions and the full moon. On more then one occasion we had to leave the blind due to lions roaring within a few hundred yards of our blind and raising all kinds of fuss near us. The Elephants also presented issues for us. Here’s some pictures of us making a few blinds for us.

We killed this impala on the 2nd day of hunting this blind. We wanted some meat for camp and boy was good!!
IMG_8123.jpeg
IMG_8126.jpeg
IMG_8127.jpeg
IMG_8134.jpeg

We hunted hard another 4 days trying to get an Eland, wildebeest or kudu but between the lions and wind just couldn’t make it happen.

On day 12 of my hunt we decided to drive around looking for an animal we could spot and stalk. We found a group of zebra and a beautiful male in the group. I was able to slip into 60 yards and place a shoot in the vitals. He ran 100 yards and dropped dead in its tracks.
IMG_8227.jpeg
IMG_8238.jpeg

Incredible hunt. Someday...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunasienna111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!