ZAMBIA: Leopard Bow Hunt With Dzombo Hunting Safari

Huntforever

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I leave for Zambia this coming Friday!! It feels like Christmas eve when I was 10 years old. This is going to be a challenging animal to take with my bow but I have full confidence in the outfitter and my PH.

Aim Small Miss Small
IMG_5527.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you.
Remember where the heart is on those cats.

The best of luck.

What an adventure! ASMS!!!! I could hardly contain myself with a rifle for Mr Spots. Hard to imagine the adrenaline at bow distance!!!! Safe travels and great hunting!!!

Good luck!

PH Craig Middleton and his US hunter were successful in Tanz last week with a bow.

They got it all on video and it’s on instagram if you want to get real excited!

Stay safe and stay sharp! Glad you are chasing your dreams

watched that video!!!! wow!!!!

Killing a Turkey with a bow was a tough one for me. A turkeys vision is amazing and kill zone tiny. It’s hard enough shooting leopard with a rifle but I can kind of relate. Good luck and we will be anxiously awaiting you report. Hutch

Good luck! Dzombo is great!

Good luck

Good luck to you brother and I sincerely mean that. I just came back off a 14 day leopard hunt in Zambia. Not a single cat showed up to a bait until the very last morning that I was leaving to fly back home. I shot a bunch of animals on my list but we only sat 1 night for a cat the entire time & it was a female. Zambia is going through it's worst drought in 60 years. I hope your PH will be baiting near standing water. Where I hunted all the river beds were completely dry.

Hope it happens for you!!!!!!

Good luck to you brother and I sincerely mean that. I just came back off a 14 day leopard hunt in Zambia. Not a single cat showed up to a bait until the very last morning that I was leaving to fly back home. I shot a bunch of animals on my list but we only sat 1 night for a cat the entire time & it was a female. Zambia is going through it's worst drought in 60 years. I hope your PH will be baiting near standing water. Where I hunted all the river beds were completely dry.

Hope it happens for you!!!!!!

I saw a video of a Leopard hunt in Tanzania where the PH buried a five gallon bucket filled with water into the ground fairly close to the bait site. It worked like a charm.
Leopard ate and wandered over and drank its fill. Not so good for the Leopard , but the hunter was happy.

Best of luck to you. Leopard with a bow is a serious accomplishment. As stated, Zambia is in severe drought and in some places the crop failure is 100%. Tough times.

Good luck!

PH Craig Middleton and his US hunter were successful in Tanz last week with a bow.

They got it all on video and it’s on instagram if you want to get real excited!

Stay safe and stay sharp! Glad you are chasing your dreams
Can you share a link to the video?

Japsie puts a lot of time into his leopard hunts and will set you up for success.

Good Luck!
Japsie will be my guide and we’ve been texting on instagram. He has been very helpful with all my questions.

Very impressive. It’s tough to get one within 60 yards. let alone 20

May your arrow fly true!! Can’t wait for the story once back. Safe travels!

Awesome video. Adding that to my bucket list!

I was on that hunt where my buddy shot that cat with Craig. I got blanked…no shot with a bow but ended up taking 9 animals on this Tanzania trip. Africa finally got its hooks in me last month LOL. Looking to book more adventures. Good luck on your hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Africa hunter

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!