You might be an African Safari hunter if……

jimbo1972

AH senior member
Reaction score
Sitting in Joberg airport waiting to get on my plane to Atlanta after a wonderful plains game hunt. (Hunt report will be posted after I have a chance to absorb all that happened)
Got to thinking it might be fun to start you might be a African Safari hunter if thread:

I will start. You might be a African Safari hunter if you wear your hunting boots on the plane and you look for other hunting boots at the airport.

If you start to develop a taste for instant coffee

And policeman’s coffee

:cool:

If you find yourself reading hunting reports and instead of staring at a computer screen you're thinking "Damn, I wish I was back there".

If you constantly wonder if you should have bought (or built) that 35 Whelen, 375 H&H, 9.3x62, ......,........,

If in the following week after you get back from your latest "once in a lifetime" trip, you're sitting in a meeting at work and find yourself day dreaming about being on the back of a bakkie swatting Tsetse's with a smile on your face. But then the smile goes away after you realize you're knee deep in a discussion of solder viscosity and you wished someone would put a 375 through your head.

I avoid wearing the safari getup while traveling. I do wear hunting clothes but they look more like something worn to work ... at a hardware store. My boots are inconspicuous. No camo or bespoke safari footwear. I've had people ask at the airport what's the long case for. "Saxaphone." If I was decked out in camo, I'm sure they wouldn't need to ask. I am a hunter but no need to advertise that I enjoy killing things. No Browning buck or Ducks Unlimited decals on my Jimmy's back window.

Guess I'm just not into branding myself. But that's just me.

If Biltong is your car air freshener!
air fresh.png

If you can name every African species and subspecies but incapable of remembering important people’s names

What animal is this : sitatunga, easy

What is the name of your mechanic for the last 5 years : ….I want to say Jared, but I just don’t know

If buying Africa hunting gear and guns on your credit card is just a way to get points to fly back to Africa on your next safari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandySomme