Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
P&y, nwtf
Looking for a scope preferably keupold vx 3 for a 375 ruger. Let me know if anyone has anything. Thanks. This is for a 375 ruger that I am taking to Africa in two years after buffalo

Fire I think you want a VX6 if you can find one. They are 1-6 power and have 120' field of view when powered down! 20' field of view at full power.

Charlie's offering great advice. I have the VX-6 1-6X24 CDS on each of my '06s and love them.

Charlie's recommendation is correct , either the VX6 in 1-6 or the VX3 in 1.5-5

both are great scopes IMHO

you may want to look at the VX3 2.5-8x36 , this is my favorite scope .

Forgot to mention, but eBay has numerous VX 6 1-6x24 scopes for less than I paid for mine.

@Fire652 the above advice is all correct, you can't get a 1-6 scope in a VX 3, the 3 stands for 3 times, such as 3-9, the round to 1.5-5. Max magnification is actually 4.5x. There is also a 1.75 to 6, with max magnification at 5.5x.

If you want a great quality but small light weight 1" tube scope for a good price, do find a Leopold VX3 is the 1.5-5, 1.75-6, 0r 2.5-8 version... However if you want a fantastic scope for the money, get a 30mm tube VX6 in 1-6 or 2-12x42. And if you go this route, seriously consider spending the extra $100 or so to get the lighted reticle.

IMO, another great option for a 375 is a VXR in 2-7, priced like a VX3 but with 30mm tube and lighted reticle.

I have a few of each of the above, all great scopes. That 375 Ruger will reach out to 300 yards pretty well with Hornady Superformance 250 grain GMX bullets, or a similar handload.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinTri

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well