Wounded? Yes or No?

This is where an issue arises. PH says one thing, Client says another, and no blood.
Going only on sound can be tricky, because both clay and Spekboom(Which you guys don't have up there) creates exactly the same sound as a hit.
Did the PH say that the animal reacted?

Yes he did see the typical stomach reaction of hunching the back, thats also why ph was convinced

I’ve shot a lot of whitetail as well around 200 + or -, most did react most shot with a 7mm REM Mag but one memorable bow kill was a big doe that was eating acorns at about 15yds. When she put her head down to pick another acorn I shot her and she just kept walking so I shot at her again. She kept chewing the acorn for about 10 seconds and fell over dead. Both arrows hit her in the heart. She evidently felt nothing at all.

Another was a smallish 8 pt trailing a doe was shot 3 times and never picked his head up off of the trail.

Those are the only two exceptions I can recall of whitetail not reacting to being hit. Clean misses are another story , I’ve had them stand around until I could get my nerves together and make a good killing shot.
@Hunt anything - you’ve got tougher whitetail then NJ or IL, yours can take-a-punch! Even my most perfect bow shots - thru lungs “without hitting a rib” or low heart shots - the deer always “flinched & hopped” - seemed aware that “something happened” even though they might have only gone 10 feet and stood still before wobble & fell over….even that was very rare but those few times did cause me to question “did I miss”? They also would’ve heard the sound of the bow and even that can spook them a bit — I don’t know. Whitetail seem very High Strung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NevaRodway

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.