W.J. Jeffery & Co. Limited Production Classic Bolt Action .500 Jeffery &.404 Jeffery Rifles

Several months ago I sold a genuine .404J. It went to a fine dealer in RSA the price was very reasonable. After the rifle was sold, but before the export permit was issued. Then this happened.

All firearm permits were frozen until new permit prices could be determined. Result the new export permit will result in me getting a few hundred dollars for a pristine Mauser (98) Jefferies .404, that was the handiest rifle I have ever hunted DG.

I am surprised no member has heard about our firearm license fiasco. Its going to be very expensive for a outfitter to own xtra firearms , such as loaners/rentals. Ah, then there anti-poaching .303 enfields. I heard that one conservancy’s license cost will be $28,000.00

Lon
That sorry excuse for a govt is skating on thin ice and knows it. They're trying to keep the opposition from arming (i.e. protecting!) themselves.

Apologies for the confusion re price of the rifles. We used to use the term "British pound sterling" for British pound.

Ontario Hunter corrected my error.
I see at current spot price, 1 Kg of 999's gold could work
Always been simply sterling to me .

Lovely... where do I fax a check??? On my Nigerian bank of course....

I admire a well crafted rifle. Just wanted to compliment you and your gunsmiths on a fine product. It is outside my price range. However it is just refreshing to see a classic rifle in a world of plastic tupperware things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edvbg6

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!