Would you like a Cigar?

Getting ready for the world cup final, some snow outside. A good whisky and a Kaneda cigar

Let's go France!

IMG_20221218_151640.jpg

Just returned from late season elephant hunt in Matetsi in Zimbabwe. I was just an observer, but my hunting partner finally got his elephant on a hot day 7 of 10, a nice old 50 pounder. It was our fourth trip to try to secure his elephant.
IMG_0220.JPG

I of course had a very successful safari smoking about 120 Oliva Robusto Maduro cigars over 14 days, well of my safari pace. I impressed myself by actually bringing cigars home.
IMG_0014.JPG

It was an awesome trip and I will be doing a report on the hunt from the perspective of observer as opposed to actual hunter.

Just returned from late season elephant hunt in Matetsi in Zimbabwe. I was just an observer, but my hunting partner finally got his elephant on a hot day 7 of 10, a nice old 50 pounder. It was our fourth trip to try to secure his elephant.
View attachment 506525
I of course had a very successful safari smoking about 120 Oliva Robusto Maduro cigars over 14 days, well of my safari pace. I impressed myself by actually bringing cigars home.
View attachment 506526
It was an awesome trip and I will be doing a report on the hunt from the perspective of observer as opposed to actual hunter.
Sounds like an awesome time, Mort! Congratulations to your hunting partner. I look forward to seeing the unique report. :Cigar:

Edit: What kind of double was he shooting? Also, as much as it would kill me, I am a little jealous of the Oliva maduro body count.

Sounds like an awesome time, Mort! Congratulations to your hunting partner. I look forward to seeing the unique report. :Cigar:

Edit: What kind of double was he shooting? Also, as much as it would kill me, I am a little jealous of the Oliva maduro body count.

He was shooting a Krieghoff 470 NE. He was setting up for a side brain at 15 yds, but our PH thought he was about to turn ass toward, so with midday fickle winds, he told him to hurry up with a heart lung. Perfect shot and he went down after about 60 yds. One shot, plus finishers.

Merry Christmas, gents!

After 18 straight days of work, I have a much needed 3 day weekend. Lots of Cigars, good food, and libations, will be involved.

Took a buddy out for a birthday lunch, and he gave me a couple cigars for Christmas. Ironically, he gave me the same cigar I gave him today.
Padron 1964 Anniversario.....lol.

I just fired up the My Father La Opulencia

Cheers! ⛄

IMG_20221222_184327140.jpg

View attachment 506525
View attachment 506526
Nice bull Morty. You look a little like Santa smoking a barber pole...lol.

Merry Christmas!⛄

Merry Christmas, gents!

After 18 straight days of work, I have a much needed 3 day weekend. Lots of Cigars, good food, and libations, will be involved.

Took a buddy out for a birthday lunch, and he gave me a couple cigars for Christmas. Ironically, he gave me the same cigar I gave him today.
Padron 1964 Anniversario.....lol.

I just fired up the My Father La Opulencia

Cheers! ⛄

View attachment 507046
Merry Christmas, Brent. Working 18 days straight is definitely a bear, hopefully you can make the most of your time off. Cheers! :Cigar:

Merry Christmas, Brent. Working 18 days straight is definitely a bear, hopefully you can make the most of your time off. Cheers! :Cigar:
Merry Christmas, to you and yours.

It's going to be 3 days of being a total slacker for me. Camping out in front of the T.V watching football.

Who needs some spanish cedar trays?

I used to maintain a very large (7'x8'x2') cabinet humidor and a collection of about 2500 sticks... about 3 years ago I sized things down to a wineador that holds about 350 sticks... Today, I am back to about where my collecting habit began with a large desktop humidor that holds about 100 sticks... (long story, but between time, health, etc.. my cigar hobby/habit has shrunk from 2-3 a day to maybe 1 a week now other than when in deer camp, in Africa, etc where I might smoke 1 a day...).. and I've largely stopped "collecting" and "aging" and now just make occasional box purchases of things I like..

As a result.. I've got A LOT of cigar stuff laying around that I really have no use for anymore.. like...

7 Spanish cedar trays (how I kept things organized in my wineador)..

These retail for about $19 each on Amazon and other places ($133 total value +/-)

https://www.amazon.com/Spanish-Ceda...dar+trays&qid=1671816672&s=home-garden&sr=1-1

Theyre you're for FREE.. you just pay whatever it costs to ship them to your location.. to the first person that says "I'll take them"..

Just hoping they can serve someone else for a while.. rather than becoming really good smelling firewood (that was my first thought on how to dispose of them lol...)...

1671816828906.jpeg

I went down to Anthony's yesterday yo buy a handpicked selection of Cigars for the holiday weekend.
They were pushing a cigar by Viaje, that is made solely for them. The Viaje - Big Kahuna. $12.85
Im always leery of these, as cigar shops sometimes slap a big price tag on a dud of a cigar.
A huge oak & white pepper blast on firing it up, which is a big turn off for me. I dont like cigars that are heavy on the pepper. It's similar to some of the Diesel or Man-o-War blends.
It did smooth out for the last 2/3, but it's not a cigar I will buy again. Not at that price point.
IMG_20221223_164109179.jpg
IMG_20221223_164123202.jpg

Smoking in the freezing weather of South Florida, trying to do my best to fit in with shorts & flip flops. :ROFLMAO: Please don’t hate. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Merry Christmas brothers.

1671915905542.jpeg

IMG_0364.JPG

So the past two days with single digit temps in Nashville, I have resorted to truck smoking. A lot like heater hunting but you just smoke your favorite stogie and stay warm and find new radio stations you didn’t know existed. Man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

I had my first cigar in almost a week. Man, it was real good. I hope I don’t pay for it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Happy Nee Year brothers!

C2B9D9FA-A75B-472B-810D-2ADDFF319B89.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredrickWz

Latest profile posts

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.